Rimfire Scope $100-$200?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by DTOM97, Apr 28, 2013.

1. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

I've got a Savage MKII FV .22lr and I'm looking for a solid not too expensive scope preferebly a 3-9x40. Iv'e seen the Nikon Pro Staff model for about $150. Is this a good buy? Any suggestions?

2. ohdeegeeohdee

ohdeegeeohdee New Member

Love that scope. For the money, Nikon is hard to beat. Using Nikons Spot On app is intuitive and makes using the BDC reticle easy.

Attached Files:

3. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

Thanks. I shoot regular winchester and remington bulk for practice and it does the job for squirrel hunting. Would bulk be fine for this scope or should I hype up to cci mm? I shoot on average 50 yds for hunting and 100yds for targets but shooting bulk at 100yds isn't very consistant. I would be fine with the mm but i shoot alot and I'm on a budget.

4. ohdeegeeohdee

ohdeegeeohdee New Member

My Savage seems to prefer the bulk standard velocity stuff over CCI MM or Velocitors. I mainly punch paper out to 175yds and Winchester 36gr HP seems to be the most consistent. You won't regret the Nikon 3-9 BDC

5. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I defiantly made up my mind on the nikon.

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I put Bushnell's $30.00 (at Walmart) fixed three power scope on one of my .22s, then went back and bought two more. It is a perfect small game scope, as far as I am concerned. I punch paper at about 75 yards with my rifles and the optics are good enough to see the holes in the paper at at that distance, even with my old eyes. They seem to hold zero well. At the distance I shoot, squirrels would be putting a bounty on my head.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  7. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

My buddy always told me if u want a awesome scope for the money buy a Nikon .. U won't be disappointed. I have a buckmaster and love it. Nikon is always gonna get a look from me.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the nice thing about a rimfire, is the lack of recoil. even a cheaper scope that as long as it's clear and will adjust will work fine on a rimfire 22. i have a inexpensive Simmons 3-9x40 on my Marlin M60 and it works great.

9. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

+1 on the $30.00-$40.00 bushnell scope from walmart. put it on my 15-22. holds zero well and is strudily mounted with p-series rings. love the setup.

10. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I got the same scope and can't complain about it.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

mine works great. i even use a BSA Sweet 17 6-18x40 on my Savage M93r17 rifle. BSA makes a decent scope that works great on rimfires.

12. Anna-Purna

Anna-Purna New Member

If you are patient enough, keep watching the deals of the day on Slickguns.com . I

I picked up a Nikon 3x9x40 Buckmaster for my 22 rifle for 109 dollars from Cabelas. (A fantastic deal).

They are regularly having nikon scopes on sale there every other month or so.

13. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

I'll be sure to look into that.

14. KJG67

KJG67 Active Member

Check out the UTG 3-9x32 Compact CQB Bug Buster AO RGB Scope with Med. Picatinny Rings, 2" Sunshade for $80. Picked one up recently, but haven't had time to get out with it. There are some older reports of the reticle being tilted in a few cases, but that seems to have been rectified. Optics look good and it has a nice weight to it.

15. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I've got the Nikon Prostaff 4x32 fixed on my 10/22 and could not be happier with it. I would expect the 3-9x40 to be just as good. :)

16. bman940

bman940 Member

Promotion on Buckmaster scopes

Guys, If you're looking for a deal, Nikon has a promotion going on right now for Buckmaster scopes. Every $ in saving's is a $ spent on ammo!

http://nikonpromo.com/

17. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I put a Mueller scope on mine. I love it and at 129 shipped it was a good price.

image-1889809379.jpg

18. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

I would have said the Mueller APV as well if I would have gotten here on time.

19. E7018Dan

E7018Dan New Member

I bought a centerpoint 4-16x40 for my mk2tr while I save up for better glass. But as long as your not shooting in twilight hours its a pretty good buy. Holds zero and, Ive played with the wind adjustment turrets some and its returned to zero so far. Not to mention pretty clear for a <$100 scope. Some have had lemons according to reveiws, but so far mines been good to me. Just a thought.