Rifled slug barrel for Mossberg

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Mongo, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

Does Mossberg make a rifled slug barrel for a 12 guage with the longer tube mag? Marine model. If not can a gunsmith modify one to fit?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Barrel & mag tube are two entirely different animals-

3. slim325

slim325 New Member

Why do you want a rifled barrel and a longer tube?

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I wud think to hold more slugs :confused:

5. slim325

slim325 New Member

Haha but u only need rifled barrel for sabots.Ya need big wallet to be slingin a bunch of those out

6. Mongo

I wanted a rifled slug barrel that will fit on my Mossberg Marine so I don't have to buy another shotgun. The marine has a longer tube that the regular models.

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I doubt you will find a rifled slug barrel for your Mossberg with an extended magazine. In the end you will want another gun for your slug barrel. Once you see how accurate a good sabot is you will want to mount a scope on your slug gun. A new slug barrel is over $100. You are well into a field model 500 that is drilled and tapped for a scope with $100. Plus it will have a nice wood stock that feels warm on those icy mornings.

8. srtolly1

srtolly1 New Member

I agree ^^^. I picked up used Mossberg 835 that was like new for $200 and a somewhat beat up clone of a Mossberg 500 for $75 that needed a good cleaning and now functions perfect. Look at your local gun stores and try to find a used barrel, as long as the inside looks good a little Duracote can go a long way.

9. Mongo

I checked into getting a "Ultra" rifled slug barrel fitted to my H & R Handi rifle. It's almost $200. I agree that finding a used Mossberg or clone will be better for about the same amount spent.

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Ebay and Buds gun shop both have fair prices on rifled slug barrels. I would avoid the cantilever scope mount barrels. To many people have problems with them