Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I am looking to buy a semi auto .308, I am looking at an HK 91 style or a FN-FAL. I would like some input on the two rifles. I know they will each have their pros and cons, just tell me what you think of each. Thanks
To answer your original question, the HK91 is an almost indestructible battle rifle. It is completely reliable, very durable, reasonably accurate. But the accuracy is limited (in my opinion and experience) by the marginal triggers and sights. But it will fire pretty much any .308/7.62X51 round that you can chamber in it which is a big plus. But original HK's are spendy, and the quality of the copies is questionable. And the ergonomics of the HK91 are crap.

The FN FAL is also an excellent rifle. Reliable, durable and pretty accurate. I do not like the sights, safeties or the triggers, though. But still, The strong right arm of the free world.

Neither one would be my choice for an "only" rifle, but either one will serve you well. But don't limit your choice to these two. And make sure you check out a good M14 variant. They rock in EVERY category.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I've been looking at the cetme and HK's for a while. I'm planning to get one eventually. They are battle-tested and seem to hold up well. I wouldn't get one to snipe with, but they seem to do well enough at long range. The m1a would be better if you plan to scope it. I own none of the above, but have handled them all in shops and have read enough to feel confident in my comments...
The M14 sights are the best sights ever put on a battle rifle. No scope needed. It was designed to be a rifleman's rifle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.