Rifle help

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by KJH_1185, Jan 30, 2013.

1. KJH_1185

KJH_1185 New Member

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced rifle that shoots 22lrs and 22 magnums?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

are you talking about a rifle that can shoot both? if so, none. two totally different chambers.

as far as reasonably priced there are several in 22lr and 22 WMR that would be fine. Savage, Marlin, Remington, ect.....

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Those are not interchangeable calibers.

That being said, you can buy a CZ 455 and this model gives you the ability to change out the barrel and turn the gun from 22lr to 22 mag or to 17hmr. One gun that let's you change barrels to have three different calibers.

4. Axxe55

the Sako Quad rifle is another that is capable of being able to change the barrels on. 22lr, 22 Mag., 17 HMR and 17 Mach2.

downside is the Sako is pricey little rifle.

5. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I know of a good 22LR and a good 22 mag..But I have yet to see some double bbl thing that will do both. and that is what you would need. Even the revos are not near as accurate with both rounds. THe cost of a decent rifle to shoot either of these rounds really negates the need to have some combo thing.

6. KJH_1185

KJH_1185 New Member

Haha. Gotcha. Dummie question. Thanks guys. I'm in the market for my first rifle. I have a pistol and have been shooting rifles a bit lately. Just curious to whats out there.

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Another downside is that those things are next to impossible to find. Looked for one before I bought my CZ.

8. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

OK its not a rifle, but its getting close to a carbine and it will shoot both :D

9. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

Your question has been answered and I can't add anymore.:)Cliff

10. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

yeah cattledog had the answer.
    if you want round flexibility in a rifle (short, long, LR), a single shot bolt or a lever action can usually handle the 3 different rounds but none that I know of can go up to a magnum without a barrel or cylinder swap

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

There is no substitute for a good bolt action rimfire, whether .22WMR, .17HMR, or .22lr. .22lr is really cheap to shoot, and if you are smart when buying, .22WMR and .17HMR are not bad. I just had 5 boxes of .22mag and .17HMR delivered to my house. .23 a round, delivered, 11.53 a box. Cheaper then buying local at 16.99+ a box.

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

MCA Sports makes an adapter that allows you to shoot 22lr in a 22mag chamber and a whole bunch of other 22 cartridges. Dont expect great accuracy.
    http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm

13. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I have an old Remington 514 that shoots shorts and LR. Made in 1951 and it's so old it doesn't even have a serial number. :cool:

14. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

You guys are wrong on there not being a rifle to shoot 22 lr or magnum-the rossi circuit jidge has a 9 shot model in 22 lr and 22 mag interchangeable

15. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I think they were talking about something not requiring any part change for caliber swap.

16. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

You don't change anything for that rifle either. They both shoot out of the same cylinder on that rifle just like the judge pistols/rifles in 45lc and 410 use the same cylinder.

17. Axxe55

actually it comes with two different cylinders. this is from their website.

The Circuit Judge .22LR/.22 Magnum gives you the versatility and speed you need. It easily transforms from .22LR to .22 Magnum in seconds with its breakthrough removable cylinder. It's everything you could ever want for plinking, target practice or varmint hunting with these popular and affordable ammunition choices.

18. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

The one I handled had just one cylinder labeled lr/magnum. Hence why I said they don't change. Guess I was wrong.......or that one was a tester they sent the shop. Not sure.

19. Axxe55

i just know from past experiance that every revolver i shot or handled that shot 22lr/22Mag had two different cylinders, one for each type of shell.

20. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya I know......I thought it was a little odd in it. It had a steel sleev guide that fit in the cylinder so the 22lr did wiggle around much. If its different cylinder now that is a big improvement....w lr the one I was messin w id rather chunk rocks at a target.