rifle bolt

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bangbangbang, Mar 25, 2010.

1. bangbangbang

bangbangbang New Member

Where could a guy get a bolt for a remington 710 30.06. I cannot find one. Please help !

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Stop by the Introductions thread and tell us something about yourself and this rifle!

Remington Arms Company Inc.
    Consumer Services / Parts & Service
    TEL: 1-800-243-9700
    Fax: 1-336-548-7801

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

You're only hope is to contact Remington. They've had to replace a lot of bolts & bolt sleeves on that model so they may be able to help you. I don't guess I have to tell you that the model 710 (and 770 IMO) is possibly the worst epic fail that Remington has ever came out with. If you're fortunate enough to get a bolt fitted to it by Remington I'd strongly suggest selling/trading it off and buy or trade for a better built rifle.

Support - Repair Services - Shotgun Repair - Centerfire Repair - Rimfire Repair

4. bangbangbang

bangbangbang New Member

Junk

Yes ,now I know. But to late now ! Was shooting it one day , jacked the bolt back and the handle came off in my hand !!!!

5. bangbangbang

bangbangbang New Member

Took it to a welder , he moved , bolt is lost. Remington wants 150 to 175 to put a new bolt in it . How can u put that much money back in a rifle when the rifle cost 275 !

6. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Sorry to hear that. You need to watch Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns at GunBroker.com for a bolt but it would still have to be fitted. Are you SURE you can't locate the welder and get your bolt back? If you could Remington would fix it for free. Bolt handles breaking off is fairly common for those model 710s. The other thing I've seen is wore out plastic sleeves that the bolt rides in. Perhaps you could buy a bolt where somebody's bolt sleeve bit the dust and they think it's not worth fixing.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

You could always buy a complete rifle and have plenty of other spares!! :D