Rifle bolt thread #2

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bangbangbang, Mar 25, 2010.

1. bangbangbang

bangbangbang New Member

Thanx for all your help. Anybody else have any bad exsperience with remington 710.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

?...........................................................

Are U a DA?

3. bangbangbang

bangbangbang New Member

sorry

Sorry, I Really just wanted to know of other bad experiences. Maybe I worded my qustion wrong . Didnt know I'd get griped at for making a mistake .You sure no how to make some one feel at home .

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Sorry, do you need a hug?

Please word your inquiry with some detail.

My brutal approach is a simple request to use the Queen's English.

5. bangbangbang

bangbangbang New Member

Play nice

Sorry for my spellin onle went two the 7 grade. But Idid win an spellin be at possum hollermiddle scool

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You took the grief, you passed.

Now if we can understand your question maybe someone can answer it!

7. bangbangbang

bangbangbang New Member

Thank You love this site

My problem was a bolt handle , I've heard of other problems. My rifle shot into an inch, till the barrel heated . Was acuracy a major problem ? And, if it was such a bad rifle why did they let it go out the door ?

8. deth502

deth502 New Member

because it was CHEAP. if you want a GOOD rifle, get a 700. you obviously wanted a cheap rifle, and you got what you paid for. if you think the 710 was such a good rifle, why do you suppose it was discontinued???

there is a definate market for a cheap rifle. most ppl will buy one for hunting and MAYBE shoot 3 shots out of it a year. the accuracy of a 4th shot on a rifle used in this manner is a moot point, why pay an extra $200 for it?

now to answer your question. the 710 was a ground breaking design utilizing many new methods that allowed it to be produced quicker and cheaper than rifles before it. as with any new design, there were bugs that needed to be worked out. fwiw, the last generation of 710s were supposed to have the bug worked out, but by that time the damage to the reputation was already done. the name was shot and no one was going to buy one. thats why they replaced it with the new model (770).