ridiculous gas tubes

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Rocc05rx8, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Rocc05rx8

Rocc05rx8 New Member

So far I own 4 ar15 rifles and the newest addition has been a pain to complete. It took me all week to find the proper gas tube...and I'm a gunsmith! Wtf!?

2. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Without knowing the manufacturer and such, one would assume it would be one of the standards, unless it's some off the wall frankensteinien gas tube.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Couldn't you just buy the stock tubing and make it?

4. Rocc05rx8

Rocc05rx8 New Member

I couldn't find any tubing or manufactured tubes at all was the problem

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That sucks. I wonder if their is a reason for the shortage.

6. Rocc05rx8

Rocc05rx8 New Member

Yea it was insane how hard it was to find them. But thank god I did

7. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Where did you look?

8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I need a mid length

Local gunshop cannot get one, Palmetto State is OOS, Brownells is OOS, Midway is OOS.

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

So is Bravo.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

If u haven't already noticed , parts are getting harder and harder to get . Prices keep creeping higher on parts and ammo and it will continue until election time is over . Parts I bought in December for $529 cost $619 today from the same company for the same parts

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I noticed that as well. The upper I bought for $399 jumped to $419 the day after I ordered it.

12. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

We're doing it to ourselves.

13. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I think the ones that are doing it are the panicky folks that haven't really been into/interested in firearms, and suddenly they watch 'Doomsday Preppers' (anyone else think it's gotten worse since that retarded show aired?), look at who is in the Oval Office, his executive orders and such, and decided, "I better arm myself", so they all order these rifles and pistols and such?
    Don't forget, either, that Farrakhan has called for people to get ready for the coming race war. That does a lot to calm fears.
    No, I am not saying we need to be arming ourselves for it. I am saying that the hate stirring people are out in force, the politicians feel more and more entitled every single week, with more and more laws stripping us of our rights, and, how can anyone not expect people to get nervous and spend money on weaponry?
    How many of those new AR's will make, maybe, one trip to the range, before being stuck in a closet? I wonder if there's a shortage of gun safes now due to this.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Oh no, just as I was thinking of getting another safe! :eek: :D

15. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Quentin is nervous. My work here is done. (None of my research has turned up a shortage of safe shortages. I think most of the AR fans do like I would assume Mike and AgentTikki do, after purchasing and assembling a new AR and spend the first month or two cuddling with it.

16. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

WHA?:eek:

I don't cuddle my ARs...... Sure I'll roll around in the mud and dirt will them, and put them through the paces with a little running and guninin', but cuddle? What's up with that Ben?.......well ok mebbe just a little...if they are clean.....and well lubed.........

17. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Well, you already posted that the Missus buys his and hers KY, so it was only a minor leap...

18. Quentin

Quentin New Member

This is starting to sound like a sequel to Debbie Does DD! :D