Ria commander 10mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jjones45, Nov 14, 2013.

1. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

For 2014 armscor is coming out with new commander size 1911s and one in the awesome 10mm. Looks very interesting. However recoil might be a little uncomfortable in this size 1911 and caliber even though they claim they will "spring it right" to last. Might be on my list for 2014. What do you guys think about this caliber in a commander size?

2. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

[ame]http://youtu.be/ryHlCYRqRKM[/ame]

Skip to the 8:30 mark to see these new 1911s

3. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I've been wanting a 1911 in 10mm. The great thing about the 1911 is it's ability to be customized, and suspect that it any excessive recoil could be tamed.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to start saving my pennies.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I have a Dan Wesson C-BOB in 10mm.

With the correct springs, it is not that bad in the felt recoil.

A little stiffer than my Ed Brown Kobra Carry in .45, but not bad.

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I also have a Dan Wesson in 10mm. They need a very stiff spring.

I doubt I would trust RIA to get it sprung right considering they couldn't spring their full size 10mm right when it came out. I would also doubt RIA's ability to introduce a new model on time. If you look at their poster they supply with their new guns, there are at least 5 different models on the poster that have never hit production and they were introduced at 2013 SHOT.

6. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Awesome round! I have an old Colt 10MM. One of my favorites. If RIA does bring it out I will definitely be picking on up. The only real drawback for me is ammo availability and cost. Pretty easy to find blaser (the crappy aluminum cases) but most of the other stuff for it I would have to order.
    As was stated above, the recoil isnt that bad once you get used to it, especially with a properly configured pistol.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  7. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

So what pound recoil spring would you guys recommend for shooting full power 10mm in a commander 1911?

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I don't have a 10MM. I have a number of Colt .45ACP 1911 pistols. I will pick-up a new Colt when they are available here. The 10 MM has some impressive ballistics.:)

http://www.ballistics101.com/10mm.php

9. LeMat

LeMat New Member

I'd throw a 20# spring in there along with a flat FPS and call it good.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sprinco recoil reducer. Captive spring to prevent battering of the frame. 512-331-8797 and talk to Alan. Tell him what gun/caliber you are setting up for and he can make some recommendations. Great guy. Great products

Tell him the really big cop sent you

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i too am thinking about a 1911 in 10mm. but i think in this caliber i would be happier with it in a full size 1911 vs. a Commander sized one.

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I am running a #20 in my C-BOB, but, I have others spring weights available and on hand.

I watch the ejection of the rounds. If the empties land at my feet, then recoil spring is too heavy. If empties land in the next county, then the recoil spring is too light.

13. zeke4351

zeke4351 Member

I bought a new Witness Match in 10mm and shoot nothing but full power loads. It came with a 14lb spring and I installed a 20lb Wolf before I started shooting it. It works great with the 20lb spring.

Attached Files:

14. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

So #20 seems to be the most preferred spring. When I get one I'll make sure to have a couple on hand