Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a cast forging and it can be done watch and see ;) it take me a while to get it done but I will and I know it's gonna be wild and hard but IT WILL BE FINISHED AND WORKING !!!

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Cast and forging are mutually exclusive terms. It is a FORGING, not cast. This is not even an 80% lower.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes needs more work ? is that bad ? can't a man try something ? or should I pull my pants down and bend over like everyone else for a $500 lower ? just wanna try to make my own for me ! I figured others may like the idea!

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
Unless you have some really good machining skills, that is going to be a difficult project. Also, it says they are paperweights. Are you sure those things are made to the right specs?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guess i will find out and macheing can be done especially when the maciner wants one also.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all i need done for me is mag well , and rear tube ring cut out I can do the rest so when i get it it's not even at 30% so it's still a legal finishing job from me

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
eltoro said:
guess i will find out and macheing can be done especially when the maciner wants one also.
Those paperweight lowers may be worth their weight on gold some day.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bingo J ;) you win the prize many are not realizing what could happen and if that did happen then something is better than pulling my pants down and waiting for a blue helmet to get me :eek: but what do I know.

I put that paper weight in a sock and i bet that zombie don't get back up lol

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
all i need done for me is mag well , and rear tube ring cut out I can do the rest so when i get it it's not even at 30% so it's still a legal finishing job from me
Legally, only you can finish the last 20% of the lower for yourself. Sounds like you've got that covered.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I do Q and when finished she should be nice. Just sucks I have so much to do next few weeks like goto Illinois and sell everything I own there and then come back down but when all said and down aaaahhhh try to enjoy life and work on little projects here and there.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Yeah I just mentioned that because someone reading this thread who's new to unfinished lowers might try to get a friend to finish it for him. Which could cause grief for both of them. I have an 80% and it's a paperweight for now! :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ar15-kits has 80% supposedly in stock but they don't answer the phone and voicemail is full. I thought of just placing a order with them online but wanted to call and confirm first they have a 80% ready.

And I am no ld school ar or gun guy but I am not a moron to what we should have to hold our papers with properly at all times! ;)

·
Banned
3,396 Posts
I'd really like to see the outcome.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if possible to show when finished happily I will show. But finishing it isn't as hard as many of you make it out to be . Seriously it sin't rocket science ! Didn't any of you have metal shop class in high school or any other redneckish hobbies ?

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Yeah some of us know our way around a shop.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
0% forgings usually go for $15 or less.

My friends and I were once considering buying a few each for about $11 a few years ago.

Then we did a little research. Then we said NAW FKit. WAY too much work. 80%ers are more work than most people want to do. And that's only doing the last 20%. Unless you have a 6 axis CNC machine I'd pass on this man.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts