Revolver

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Bigcountry74, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Bigcountry74

Bigcountry74 New Member

I would like to have a revolver but im very picky on what I want. How hard is it to find a revolver that is double action with both cylinders .22 LR and .22 Mag

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I only know of single action .22 revolvers. Maybe someone will come along who can give you more information.

3. Bigcountry74

Bigcountry74 New Member

4. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

Bigcountry74,
    YES!
    All the H&R convertibles are double action .
    All well built and all mine are very good shooters also!
    Watch the auctions, and you can still find them in excellent condition, still reasonably priced, but the values have been rising steadily!

[​IMG]

5. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

The only one that comes to mind with both cylinders and double action is the Charter Arms Pathfinder,there is a version of that double action revolver with both a .22LR and .22Mag cylinder but it runs about $100 more than the standard .22LR only version.You're looking at about $400 new for the .22LR/.22Mag convertible.

6. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

there is the old hi-standard double nine revolvers that meet the request

7. Bigcountry74

Bigcountry74 New Member

Thanks for the info everyone. I am gonna look hard for one

8. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

9. Bigcountry74

Bigcountry74 New Member

I would be satisfied with the tauraus but would prefer a more western style gun

10. mcb

mcb New Member

If you want a true western style, you'll want to look at a single action.

11. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Your preference for double action runs a bit contrary to the "western style" preference. Aside from the previously mentioned H&Rs you may have to adjust one of your options. If single action is a realistic option, Ruger Single Six with no hesitation.

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSingleSixConvertible/models.html

12. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

Forgot about the High Standards.
    Also good revolvers.
    i have a pretty scarce model the High Sierra,fully adjustable sights, 7" octagonal barrel.
    Also a double action.
    Very nice shooter, also is a 9 shooter, while the H&R's are only 6 shooters.
    Also while it does have the western look, it is a swing out cylinder.
    The H&R's have the western style ejection system.

[​IMG]

13. Bigcountry74

Bigcountry74 New Member

Jamesjo, that's a nice gun. Kinda what im looking for. Can it change cylinders?

14. Bigcountry74

Bigcountry74 New Member

Well now I see both cylinders lol. Where could I find that gun?

15. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

There is one listed right now on the biggest online gun auction site.
    i sent you a PM.

16. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

What are you going to be using the revolver for? If it is mainly going to be for shooting at the range, plinking and hunting, the double action feature isn't really gaining you anything as shooting a revolver double action makes for a long trigger pull and it is harder to keep on target that way, I almost always cock my double action before shooting to attain the best accuracy, now if you are planning on carrying it for self defense, which a larger 22 revolver won't be so easy to conceal, then the double action makes sense because you may not have time to cock the hammer before the bad guy can get at you. My preference in these guns lies with the Ruger single six, single ten (though they are LR only, and I don't like the fiberoptic sights), or the little bearcat(also long rifle and no adjustable sights) however all 3 of these are single action. One issue I have with the convertible revolvers is that everyone I have ever fired seems to like the Magnum round much better than the long rifle accuracy wise, I don't like to shoot the Magnums as they are expensive and loud as hell out of a revolver. If you shoot mags be sure to have ear protection because you WILL damage your hearing with them.

17. Soldier

Soldier New Member

I am looking for a set of soft grips for my 44 mag manufacturied by ROHM out of Germany. I tried Hogue but there are no dealers near me. Any info would be a help. Thanks.

18. Soldier

Soldier New Member

Custom soft grips

I am looking for a set of soft grips for my 44 mag manufactured in Germany I tried hogue but no luck so far. Any info would be a help. Thanks