Revolver Rifle

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by clr8ter, May 19, 2013.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Does anyone have any opinions or comments on the revolver rifles? (Like the Rossi Circuit Judge) Any other companies that make a gun like this, maybe in 38/357? A search on Bud's only comes up with the one from Rossi, but it seems to me someone else makes them. Beretta comes to mind, but I think theirs is a BP gun, which I'm not interested in.......

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The Rossi is OK but costs a bit more than I would be willing to spend on it. The synthetic stock version has a ridiculously short length of pull (child sized stock).
    Haven't had a chance to shoot one or look into reviews on them.

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, the Rossi also doesn't come in any calibers I'm interested in. Can't afford the 44MAG. Also, it would be nice to maybe loose the rail, and stick with open sights......

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

If you want something different for the novelty factor, go for it. But there is a reason why these designs disappeared long ago. There are better designs out there.

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I don't know why I think this is cool. But I do. But I'm beginning to think judging from your response that it's an oddity more than anything. Like that tactical lever action by Mossberg.....

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'd say it's far better looking than the tactical lever action rifle.

7. Seven

Seven New Member

Agreed.

I kicked around the idea of a .38/.357 rifle as a 'mate' to a revolver for an EOTWAWKI pair.
    I'd much rather spend the money for a Henry or a Marlin.

8. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Here are my thoughts on firearms, in general. If you are collecting, there is not one that you should change your mind on. I love new firearms that have an old feel. Traditional muzzleloaders, circuit judge, SA revolvers...all of them. Several on my wish list fit this genre....and the circuit judge is definitely on my list....I say go for it..if just for cool factor!

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

It's not just the cool factor, I don't know what it is.....But, like I said, it doesn't come in a caliber I'm interested in....hence I was asking if anybody else made anything similar......

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, (I don't think I am), it is NOT legal to put a stock on a revolver that didn't come with one.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You would have a barrel length issue.

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Right. Even if you somehow got a 16" barrel on it, though? Or could you put on the stock, and SBR it?

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I couldn't tell you. Don't have much experience in the area as there is probably one guy in my entire state with the proper licensing. Lol

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

What, there's no class III dealers in Mass?

Speaking of which, the State Line Gun Shop (Class III dealer) open house is June 1st. Mason, NH, directly north of Ashby, Mass. Awesome time!!!

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol. I know. I'll likely make an appearance.