Revolver or Semi Auto?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Hatchet8, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Which would be better as far as a conceal carry weapon & which would be the best on a wallet, in you guy's opinion?

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

6 of one, half dozen of the other. As has been said time and time again... it depends upon you. What you find comfortable. What you shoot well.

3. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Very true. I like the 357 Mag. But I like the higher ammo capacity of a semi. I guess dependabilty is key too!

4. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

I dont want to sound mean to you Hatchet, so if I do disregard it as such. But do a search for the same thing you asked, there has been about a dozen threads started here with the same title with pages of remarks. If you need more clairification on any of the topics we here at FTF would be more than happy to answer them. These are common questions here and in a few moments you could have your answers instead of waiting for a while for someone to post an answer.

5. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Thanks, shoulda thought more!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Personally, I like revolvers and I think 6 rounds is enough.

7. bones72

bones72 New Member

I like autos better , but will carry either

8. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Both have advantages. Both have disadvantages. Neither is "better". It's what works for YOU.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  9. utf59

utf59 New Member

If either platform were truly better, the other would have faded away from the self-defense handgun market.

10. Kodeman

Kodeman Member

The simple solution; Carry both!!

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

If your experienced with a revolvers DA trigger then try a few out. I revolver carried for 20 years and now carry a kahr 9mm. Same basic trigger pull as with a revolver, just smoother. Also KT p-11 might fit your want of a high round count and have heavier trigger pull more in line with most DA revolvers today. Just try everone one can . I still have my carry revolver but its used now for fun and helping others new to handguns or looking for a basic handgun for a CC course to use.

12. levelcross

levelcross New Member

LOL, I have both and will carry both, love both.