revolver for concealed carry

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Marcusmtch, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Marcusmtch

Marcusmtch New Member

Any ideas on this I would preferably like it to be safe as well also maybe one that has a built in lazer option

2. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

S&W Bodyguard fits your criteria. I haven't shot one...maybe someone who has will be along shortly.

3. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

I have a Ruger LCR in 357 mag. that I daily carry and I like it. It doesn't have a laser but it should get the job done. It has a little recoil but I don't think it to much I really like shooting it regularly, I have yet to put any 38s thru it.

play the victim, be the victim

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Ruger LCR in .357...same here...Have shot the M+P, trigger is stiff, laser is distracting and to me not worth the extra cash..$150-$200 extra. Tons of other choices too but that was mine...:cool:

5. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Well, there you go, OP...I knew someone would be along with some actual experience, and an up or down on the S&W BG....looks like the Ruger is the one to beat :)

I used to shoot a friends SP101 with some regularity...nice little gun as well. No laser tho...

6. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

I carry an S&W M&P 360 and I like it a lot. I like the fact that I can cock the hammer back for SA. No the hammer has never snagged when drawing from IWB holster

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Crimson Trace makes 2 lasers for the SP101. Mine has the LG111. Buy direct from Crimson Trace as it is cheaper.

8. Creekside_Sports

Creekside_Sports New Member

I carry a Charter Arms bulldog as a backup gun.
    Barrel was shortened to 2 inches, magna-ported, and I rounded the hammer spur off to lessen the chances of it catching when drawing from concealment.
    In .44 special I can empty all 5 rounds just as fast as I can pull the trigger with very manageable recoil.

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Dont use it at night. The ports will really light up. I tried it with a ported 38 spl +P and was blind for a good while.:eek:

10. Creekside_Sports

Creekside_Sports New Member

I know the feeling, I only made that mistake once

11. jrags

jrags New Member

Ruger makes the LCR with laser grips you can get factory installed. Very nice option.

12. Marcusmtch

Marcusmtch New Member

What calibers the lcr come in

13. jrags

jrags New Member

They come in .38 special+p or .357 magnum. I would go for the .357 as it can shoot either .38 special or .357 magnum. A little more cost up front and a little heavier, but it will be more flexible on the ammo. You can use .38 special for range practice and then load up .38+p or .357 magnum for self defense.

14. Alan85260

Alan85260 New Member

My favorite concealed carry weapon is a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 loaded with 200 grain Corbon DPX hollowpoints.

15. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

How well does the Ruger LCR 357 conceal in a front pants pocket?

16. rslayden

rslayden New Member

I sometimes carry a S&W 442 in front pocket holster. That isn't my first choice, but sometimes situations drive clothing. The 442 hides well. Shoots well enough for me up close. But I really don't care much for it personally. The grip is a bit small for my hand and the gun is so light that the felt recoil is uncomfortable. About one box of regular .38s at the range and I'm ready to put it away. Forget +P for me. But it is reliable, my wife loves it (and is surprisingly good with it), and it will get the job done.

17. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

I like the S & W 642CT airweight. Light weight revolver with the Crimson Trace. Hides great.[​IMG]

18. levelcross

levelcross New Member

That is pretty much the format for the LCR, small, light weight makes it pretty easy to conceal. If you can ball up your fist while it is in your pocket and pull it out that way, then the LCR should be fine in a good pocket holster. Go to a gun shop and ask to try one in your pocket, the key here is to ask permission first. They might even let you try it with a new holster too.

19. DX1

DX1 New Member

I carry an LCR in a front pants pocket, in a Remora holster, and it looks like I'm carrying a wallet in that pocket. And the Remora also lets you move it IWB.

20. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

Yessir, I trade off carrying this one too. ........the Ruger about 2/3 of the time...1/3 a G19.