Revision Eyewear - Forum Sponsor & I just ordered!

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by Dillinger, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Clicked a link from the top of the page and got to poking around their website.

I like what they had to say, what their mission statement is and who they were doing it for, namely saving troops lives.

I ordered up a pair of their sunglasses and will be doing a review on them once they show up.

More to follow

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Looking forward to it. Are they ballistic grade? I'm about due for a new pair.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I liked the look of the Vipertail and this is from the website.

"High-impact sunglasses exceeds ANSI Z87.1-2010 and meet U.S. military ballistic impact requirements for spectacles (MIL-PRF-31013, clause 3.5.1.1)"

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/product/vipertail-ballistic-sunglasses/

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah looks like nice stuff. I like.

5. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

very cool. 90 bucks?!! eyeeearg! my wallet just bit me.

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I am stunned that you didn't go with this style :confused:

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/product/alphawing/

they sooooo would have gone with your metrosexual Hugo Boss suit and spritz hairdo :p

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's true. But how much is your eyesight worth?

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ah Dog, your lack of social refinement is so cute. You are the like the special needs kid that gets to hang out with the rest of the group. :)

Nobody wears aviators anymore. Well except for those "body image" guys you seem to have WAY too many posters of in the Trail. :eek:

9. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

too true. I do have this thing though. The more money I spend on shades, the faster I lose them. I know...its a personal problem. I look forward to the review :) but I don't see myself partaking :(

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

......... :cool:

Attached Files:

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

^^^^ I think I almost coughed up my liver I was laughing so hard. :cool:

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

LMAO myself when I found it :D On a serious note, is the FTF/Promotive deal still going on? I remember getting an email a while back about it cancelling.

13. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

I have a pair of Desert Locust goggles and they seem pretty good. Played airsoft in 'em a bunch of times, they took a bunch of eye shots with no damage at all too 'em.

Also shot 'em with my pellet gun, left a little bit of a mark, but they're still usable.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I completely forgot about this. :eek:

So I ordered and the Vipertail glasses were confirmed, shipped and showed up as promised.

The glasses were well packaged, but even if they weren't the glasses come in a soft, ballistic style nylon case with a zipper top that would easily protect them from most common drops or bounces.

The glasses are well made, and with the side shields at the corners that fold with the arms, they protect about 95% of the area where dirt or debris can get into your eyes.

The color of the lenses were good, we were having our couple of weeks of summer here in the PNW and I checked them out in direct sun and suffered no ill effects.

I can give Revision customer service 5 stars. Once I got the glasses, I was on a plane a few days later and was out of town for the rest of the week. By the time I got around to getting back to them concerning the fit, it was over 2 weeks from delivery.

The glasses were just too small for my head, and apparently I am not the only one according to the gal I talked too at customer service. They are designed to stay "snug" on your head with the way the arms are spaced, meaning you can do active things without a Croake or other necktie and have to worry about them slipping off your head.

That would be great, but they were just a bit too tight to the point of cause lines on the skin on my head.

They gave me a Return number, I mailed them back and am awaiting for confirmation on my credit card.

All in all I give these glasses, and this company, high marks for a quality product and excellent customer service.

JD

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

you should cut back on the sourdough ;)

:p

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I haven't had any sourdough in well over a week. Haven't had any bread since Sat afternoon now that Mosin the dietary coach has gone all Jillian Michaels on some of us. :eek: