Reviews on Bersa Thunder .380?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ccase39, Jul 27, 2014.

1. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Just got a Bersa Thunder .380. All research I have done tells me it is a very solid firearm. I bought it mainly for my fiancé and she liked the way it felt in her hand but we didn't get a chance to fire one. It will be in on Thursday. Hope she likes it, if not I have a good conceal carry pistol. lol

2. levelcross

levelcross New Member

For the money the Bersa line is hard to beat. So far our 380 cc has been great all around. A little blue locktite on the grip screws, plenty of range time to proof it out, trying a hundred different holsters and it gets carried daily. Enjoy and don't be surprised if she ends up keeping it.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Flying spent brass makes me happy, protects my life and guarantees my Liberty.

3. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

My Bersa is my cool weather carry gun, I use a Taurus TCP for my hot weather carry because it fits better in a pocket holster.
    The Bersa is much more accurate than any equally priced pistol.
    [​IMG]

4. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

My wife has one for edc. Fires every time and accurate. Might need another one cause she will never let me shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

They are great guns. You'll be very pleased with your new pistol.

6. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Thanks guys. I'm glad to hear it's fairly accurate. With no experience with handguns that size I wondered if accuracy would be an issue. I got it for something she can shoot at the range as well as self defense. The girl is a better shot than I am lol. She shot my 1911 in .45 and .22 and was driving tacs. She said the .22 felt to puney but the .45 was a tad much.

She likes the fact that is one of the bigger 380's out there.

7. artbrownsr

artbrownsr Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

One of my daughters has one and we've been discussing the Flashbang holster for her.

8. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

We are considering it too. It seems like a decent idea but is it really practical? I mean if it came to down too it is it really as easily accessible for a woman to reach up her shirt as opposed to from a location on the hip or someplace else?

Looks cool but also seems like it may be just a creative marketing ploy.

9. artbrownsr

For my daughter 90% of her wardrobe is tops and pants or tops and skirts, two of my daghters, this one and the one closest to her in age went into a bedroom and tried the moves. NO flashing dad thank you. they are satisfied that the motions required could be done quickly and easily to defend their families and selves. ( Both are married and have kids, they are not a part of this community and wish to not be identified in my conversations ).

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Several bersa 380's CC models in the family and they run like a good gun should. I do wish I could have talked both owners into the PLUS model. 15 +1 rounds are nice to have in it.

11. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

She will definitely try it out then. I have a barter deal going on with my LGS. I give him free dinner at my restaurant and he gives me discounts and free ammo and accessories. Good deal for both. I got the Bersa, 4 boxes of ammo, and a holster or case of her choice for $275. She is going to try then all out Saturday. Only problem is now I want one of these for myself! (The Bersa, not the Flash Bang holster).

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

OH! I was gonna Say...

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

13. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

The "Thunders" are both good guns. It's up to the prospective owner to determine if they want a .380(9MMshort) or a 9X19...
    In April of 2012 when I walked into a Gun shop in Az for the first time, I picked up the LCP, and the LC9. The LC 380 wasn't out yet btw,...owner of the shop said "practically the same gun,..the only difference is ones a 9 and the other is a .380... I took Home 3 Guns that Day, my Wife's SP101, and the SR9 and LC9,..

The 9 is a different design then the 380's,...you don't have to believe me,...but they are two different guns,..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

15. artbrownsr

Gee you'd look so cute in a top and skirt!

16. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

My BT380 is one of my carry weapons. I trust it and depend on it.

17. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

She loves the way it feels in her hand and the size. (Did I really just say thAt) it's small enough for her purse and glove box but big enough to where it will be fun at the range. Can't wait till Saturday to go shoot with her. I also bought a S&W bodyguard for conceal and carry weapon I want to try out.

About the flash bang. Let me start off by saying I have not tried it but am going by what several ladies at the range said.
    Several of them said that it was very uncomfortable and caused chaefing.
    A couple others said that it was ok. There seemed to be a coorilation between the women's size and the chaefing. The healthier women seemed to have the chaefing problems where the more petite women seemed ok. (Trying to be diplomatic). Anyhow just like anything else to each his (or in this case her) own. What works for some May not work for others.