Review: Ten X Ring Ammunition in 38 SPC, 130 gr +P

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by bluez, May 29, 2018.

1. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Finally shot this Ammo.Had it for a few months but dont shoot revolvers as often anymore.

Used my GP100 to get somoene who hadn't shot in decades back into shooting before I transitioned him into more complex firearms.
    Which is the exact mission I buy 38 SPC for theese days.

Am very happy with it.
    Despite being an economy round not a single malfunction in 250 rounds. :)
    I was shooting at short distances so cannot vouch for accuracy but did not detect any issues.

Also its a +P so it makes a satisfying "thunk" on the steel plates.

As its FMJ some may say it should always be just a training round..

But i can imagine when the chips are down and I am on handguns and out of 9mm and .357 Magnum that this ammo would serve just fine being a +P, dont remember what price I paid but it was good and there seemed to be no premium on price for being +p.

100_1520.JPG 100_1522.JPG

IowaShooter likes this.
  2. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I realized I need to add a couple items.
    This Ammo seemed to be perfectly macthed to my sights on the 3 inch GP100.
    Often I find myself looking at low impact w/ 38 SPC> but not with this ammo.

Also now that I had some more time to think about it, I did do a couple of cylinders at maybe approx 20 or even 25 yards (didn't measure it) and it hit a pretty small steel target (3 inches) every single shot.
    So accuracy was quite good.

Will definitely buy again.

IowaShooter likes this.

3. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

I've tried it in another caliber... Seemed to perform well

bluez likes this.
  4. potmetal

potmetal Member

I'm glad to hear it did well in your revolver. I've used it in 9mm and had some friends use it in 45acp and we didn't have such good results. In 9mm, it seemed underpowered, which caused a number of jams and stovepipes. I was told, at the gun shop that sold it to me, that one of their customers chronographed it in 45acp and it was slower then standard. That shop doesn't stock it anymore.
    I'm glad to hear there's more to the company then my experience.

bluez likes this.
  5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I could definitely hear a louder "ping" over a couple of not +P 38 SPC I shot just to check so the +P seemed a legit marking.
    Often 38 SPC that's marked +P is more $$ than a regular 38SPC but this was priced same..

because I am on a travel a lot lately I no longer have a lot of opportunity trying different ammo out.