Review six SIG .380's

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Jeepix, May 9, 2010.

1. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

Good article on Sig's P238 series pistols. These are great for Conceal Carry. This might be of interest to anyone considering a CCW firearm now or in the near future. The article goes over the pros of each version to help you choose.

Six Pack of Sigs

2. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

Tried a Sig 380 at the range about a month ago. For such a small caliber and a big gun it kicked like a stinkin mule.

My little Diamondback DB380 may not hold as many rounds, but the recoil on a pistol less than half the size and probably weight of the sig I shot is much better.

Sig may make a good 9mm and up. But from what I shot. They can keep their 380s

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

All blowback .380s are snappy to shoot so I imagine you shot a P232. The Sig P238 is a locked breech design and shoots very differently from the P232. BTW, no .380 "kicks like a mule" unless you're a very small mule...

4. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I think the issue with .380 recoil is; #1 the blowback design of most of the pistols, and #2; it has a recoil which I would categorize as being similar to the way a 40S&W feels, not that strong but a similar "snappiness" to it that many find uncomfortable. Funny, but my Browning BDA with a wide, comfortable grip feels worse shooting than my Bersa single stack with a narrow grip--instincts would tell me the BDA should feel much better with its hand-filling grip. It might have something to do with a little arthritis, but the first few shots with my BDA are usually a little painful...

5. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

I think it's pretty cool that SIG SAUER offers to different models for the .380 caliber. It's a big plus that Sig's P238 has 6 different versions giving a wide variety for the consumer to choose from.

6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

The sig p238 is the FINEST .380 on the market. WAY easier to handle than the DB380.

AND, i get them for only $409.