Review of handmade IWB holster from Longballer71

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by MrWray, Jul 11, 2012.

1. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I just received my IWB holster from Dave "Longballer71" and i would be lying if i said that i wasnt impressed, this holster is awesome. When i took it out of the box i immediately got that "new leather" smell, which is a plus because i love that smell. The feel of the leather is great, you can really tell the quality of the leather that he uses. The stitching is solid and you can tell the nice detail in the lines. The fit of the gun is nice and snug, but not overly tight where you have problems unholstering,it has really nice retention. When i put the holster on it was immediately comfortable and it fit my waist like a glove. When i sit down it stays in place like its supposed to and it doesnt ride up or poke you anywhere,making it even more comfortable for a long day of carrying.I am 5'8 and 160lbs and this holster does not print one single bit,even on my smaller frame,even from the side you cant tell that im carrying "and this is with shorts and a T shirt".

20120711_141007-1.jpg

20120711_141113-1.jpg

FaceGoo-2012-07-11-13-57-53.jpg

FaceGoo-2012-07-11-14-02-33.jpg

The craftsmanship of this holster is awesome and i do not have one single complaint. Anyone wanting a nice leather holster whether its OWB or IWB will not be disappointed, Daves work is amazing.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Another great straight to the point review Wray:)
    It do ooze quality in looks for sure ---
    Me 'n Dave are dickerin on a project ourselves :D

3. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Awesome holster looks great , congrats

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thank ya Hoss, im sure that what your getting from Dave is top notch.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Longballer71 (Dave) is venturing into holsters too, along with the grips. the holster looks great. good review there Shawn. can't even tell you have a FS 1911 on your side there! nice work there Dave.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Ya know Axxe- I thought Wray wud be ----Well----Bigger :p

7. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Thank you, Wray!! I really appreciate all your feedback and for being a guinea pig. Having someone out there willing to give me a thorough review and an honest opinion really means a lot. (especially since you didn't say it sucked!) LoL!

I was nervous as hell since it left for the post office. So glad it met expectations. A huge sigh of relief! I'm having a lot of fun with this, but I do take it pretty seriously. As Wray can attest, my biggest fear was having something out there that the owner couldn't count on.

I'm still learning and trying to improve with every one I make. I'm tweaking the designs on three or four models right now. I'd like to have those staples that I can make the right way every time and also be able to make them quickly. Then I can use those for the 1911 platform and others can follow along. Have to leave room and time for the oddball customs a prototypes too. Who's idea was this "hobby" again?!? LoL!!

HOSS - think yours will be done tmrw. :)

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

LongBaller71, nice work!

I may need to talk to you about a IWB home for my Commander.

9. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Thank you, Cane! It would be an honor. Anytime you like; we can talk turkey.

10. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That looks awesome. When you have the time I woudl like to talk to you about doing an IWB for a 3" Kimber too.

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Seen sum previews- the xtra efforts are already apparent :)
    My grips are due today- can't wait to fit them (mine are made a bit different for my magwell) :D

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive actually got some grips in the workings too

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Rekken Dave knew what he was in for when he joined up here? :eek: :p

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont think he did,lol

BUT, im sure glad that he is here

When you make a quality product,people notice.i couldnt be happier with my holster

15. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

No clue!! LoL!!

I am very happy to have found the forum though. You guys have been great! Join up to learn all about the 1911 platform and end up starting a new side business. How cool is that!?! I feel privileged to serve you guys and gals here any way I can. Just gotta make sure not to get myself swamped ... yet! Gonna try to keep my orders to a less than 10 at a time max for the next couple months. I'm trying to set up a pymt and shipping dept.(my FIL) so that any orders taken can be paid for then shipped immediately when I'm done. I'm not bad at logistics when it's a couple, but when too many get going, I am NOT the best shipping clerk!!

Again guys; thanks so much for the support! I hope to take care of each and every one of you that wants me to. If you happen to have any ideas on how to keep improving or some cool customized requests; let me know.

Cheers.

16. roughneck266

Hossfly I would be very interested in looking at your grips when you get them, I have kind of a weird Kimber since it is officers sized but has a magwell. Havent see anyone that makes them that way. Yours isnt that way is it?

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No Sir, just a full sized 1911 BUT i only found one set of store bought grips that left no crack between bottom of grip & top of magwell- Really bugs me :eek:

[​IMG]

18. roughneck266

Thats a good lookin popper for sure. Yes sir that is the same issue I have. Even the ones that came on it have a gap down there and it looks hideous. lol Maybe they are putting picky juice in the water here...
    Thanks!

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Thanks- Check the nice grips thread :)