Returned my WASR 10/63

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by whiteydale23, Nov 12, 2013.

1. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

Had to return my WASR today for canted everything. I had to go through my FFL because Certury won't send it to my house because I live in California. I'm really hoping they just send me a new one because my dealer said they would let me exchange it for a Zastava M70. Has anyone had any experience sending in there WASR to Century? If so what are the chances they'd send me a new one instead of repairing it? Any advice would me nice.

2. JayCody

JayCody New Member

I have had to send a wasr 10 back to century once and they fixed all the problems I had. How bad is the canting?

3. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

It is everywhere. Canted front sight canted gas block and I'm pretty sure canted barrel.

4. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I've never had to send my back, I don't have any problems with mine. But every gun has its own personality. I'm sorry yours has problems and I hope you get a better rifle for your money man.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

Me I'm getting ride of my WASR I love the gun but I just don't shoot it a whole lot so I'm trading it in for a deer gun.

5. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

I have a Century Opap M70 and have not had any problems. Just lucky I guess.

6. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

No I want the O-pap. I was hoping my dealer would let me exchange my WASR for it but that's only if they send me a new one instead of fixing it.

7. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Why didnt you look at all that stuff before you bought it ?

8. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

Unfortunately I had to send my wife to get it because I was working a lot of hours at the time. Never again..... NEVER AGAIN lol

9. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That'd be why you have to inspect any weapon you're going to buy. Even Colt makes a few lemons here and there.

The quality of an AK has a lot to do with how well the parts were put together and if you don't own a machine shop you can't simply pop a few pins and unscrew parts like you can with an AR.

Lately many companies have been slapping parts together as fast as they can and shipping them, QA be damned, and unfortunately Century is not an exception.

The demand for firearms is, strangely, still incredibly high.

10. 408essj

408essj New Member

In her name?
    If not how did that happen that she could pick up your gun? In Cali none the less??

11. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

Yeah in her name she's my wife. What's mine is hers and hers is mine. Is that too traditional for you?

12. gwot_veteran88

gwot_veteran88 New Member

I'm sure he was asking how was she legally able to pick up the gun since you live in CA? I live in CA as well and I was unaware your spouse could pick up your rifle from an FFL dealer.

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Sounded to me like she want to the shop and did all the paperwork So she was picking up her gun as far as the law is concerned.
    Being he gave the mine is hers etc that was my take o nit anyway. I don't live in cali so I don't know if they would call that a straw purchase being they are married and all. But you cali members might be able to clear that up.

14. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

A straw purchase is buying a firearm for someone who is unable own a firearm. I am able. I work agriculture so at the time I was working 15/hrs a day 7/days a week. I wanted an ak and sent my wife to get it. I don't really care what our oppressive government thinks of it and don't care. The 2A is the 2A. Luckily for me my FFL is awesome and does there best to help us behind enemy lines.

15. gwot_veteran88

lol that's what I thought. It's all good though because I hate the nonsense we gun owners in CA go through. 10 day wait periods, bullet buttons, mag limits, BS here and BS there. That's Commifornia's gun laws for ya.

16. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

+1 to that brother. I don't know if you know this but there still are some good FFL's in CA that help find a way through the BS and can still sell you off roster guns with "magazine parts kits". If you haven't already found one you should look there out there. It's a good way of sticking it to em and playing there stupid BS games right back lol!

17. gwot_veteran88

My local FFL dealers are just the same. When I bought my WASR a few years ago it came with a 10 round Tapco mag and 2 steel 30 round "rebuild kits". They would always give me the option to buy rebuild kits for all my firearms.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  18. nfafan

nfafan New Member

I've sent one WASR on my own back to Cent on my dime with an RMA. Asked nicely if they'd toss in a few extra mags. Nope.
    They did fix it however and shipped it to my door, but I live in PA so this was fully legal.

We don't have commie laws in PA - simply the most corrupt and expensive state .gov in the entire Western Hemisphere. Zimbabwe, Chicago, and New Jersey have all sent their elected and unelected officials to PA to learn how to be corrupt.