Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is by far one of my favorite topics of discussion.

As an afficionado of everything retro, it's needless to say that the classic AR-15 variants tickle my fancy on a whole other level. Flat-top uppers and MLOK handguards don't hold a candle to a classic integrated carry handle and polymer triangular handguards.

I'm in the process of completing my M16A2 build since it was easiest to find parts for, but my dream rifle is an A1 clone.

Does anyone else here have a preferred retro AR pattern? Anything ranging from the original AR-15 prototype to the original M4 is what fits my criteria for being "retro."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being one who enjoys wood and blued steel, I never developed much liking for plastic guns. I never found anything likable about an M-16. It is a viable weapon which I used during my military service, but far from attractive or desirable for me. A flat top chambered in 6.5 Grendel is a little more to my liking, but still just a utility firearm.
Oh trust me wood and steel are in my wheelhouse as well. My point is that the retro ARs are the best ARs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts