Resolved: The Makarov is Europe's Best Nine

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ScottG, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Just stirring things up per JD....

The Pistolet Markarov, although apparently a rip off of the Walther PPK, (but you know it really was inwented in Russia) is the best value in handguns today. Stopping power of a 9mm with all steel reliability. no plastigun here. Good workmanship on the East German model.

Perfect for keeping comrades in line....

Attached Files:

2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

uh.....no.....

You meant to say that this pistol is the best 9mm in Europe:

[​IMG]

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

hmmm, Sgt, is that a boat anchor? Don't recognize it....

4. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

BOAT ANCHOR grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Splutter, spit, gawd almighty. Your heart pumps pi$$, ya feet don't match, and ye don't love yer mother. May your butt cheeks grow together over night. I hope somebody rapes your dog. LORDY BOAT ANCHOR????????????????????

5. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

You ever walk into a room, take in about 30 seconds of conversation and realize you've made a big, BIG mistake wandering in? Then you back away slowly...hope nobody sees you...don't make eye contact with anyone...

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Why is the Makarov better than its cousin the cz82? The cz82 holds a few more rounds of the same round, right? What is the difference that makes the Makarov better than its cousin? seriously?

7. ScottG

ScottG New Member

The original movie is always better than the sequels....

Actually this post is a half joking response to something JD posted in the thread about people mostly posting on politics, so I created a gun post.

The Mak is my personal choice, I just wanted to see how people would react, and see what they thought was the best Euro made pistol. I don't care for double stack guns. The High Power feels like a boat anchor in my hands, it was terrible and I was sorely disappointed when I finally got to fingerprint one. The 1911 however was just perfect.

I like the all steel construction of the Mak and the low number of parts. It was the first gun I ever completely disassembled and reassembled. It was surprisingly easy to do. It was cheap and fairly reliable. Gun funds are non exisitant at this time, so it will be my main sd and hd gun for the forseeable future.

8. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

I like my little Makrov. It has never had a FTF event Comrades!

9. orangello

orangello New Member

So, if you don't mind, is the double stack and lack of originality the only reasons you prefer the Mak to the cz82? I continue to put off a cz82 purchse waiting to see what problems people have with them.

I don't mind the double stack; my XD45 has the double stack & fits my hands fine.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Blasphemy Scotty!! The Hi Power is the King of the Nines for a reason....

and they ALL bow to the 1911!

JD

11. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Mostly the double stack, it just doesn't feel comfortable in my hands. I guess I don't like the width. Nothing wrong with getting a new model. I haven't heard of anyone complaining about it. It's C&R eligible and still relatively cheap, might as well get one.

Well of course all handguns bow to the 1911. But wasn't the Hi Power actually completed by a Belgian? Maybe it's the whiff of eurowussiedom that attached to the HP that makes it uncomfortable in my hands...but I think it's the feel of the double stack..... :D

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is true. It was JMB's design, but he never finished it. A Belgian did pick up the plans and interpret what the Master had in mind, which is why it will never be King of all Pistols.

But Hi-Power versus Makarov?? That is an easy equation from a gunmakers point of view.

Your hands, however, will tell you what you like best.

JD

13. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

European 9mm?
    Sig P226... I love it
    But is true.... the Browning HP is the king of the wonder nine.

14. ScottG

ScottG New Member

And that's basically it, the HP feels bad to me, the Mak is very nice.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Thanks! I do love my XD, with my large mitts, but i don't see me being able to conceal it in MS summer clothing. Planning for CCW in the coming 12 months or so.