Resizeing New Brass

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by 51colt, Jul 1, 2012.

1. 51colt

51colt New Member

I know this a dumb question do you guys re size new brass. I have only loaded new brass a few times and that was years ago.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

yes i always resize new brass. i order a lot of once fired brass from MidwayUSA and MidSouth Shooters Supply. i treat them just as i would if i had just fire them in one of my firearms. the only thing i don't do is run them through my tumbler.

3. 51colt

51colt New Member

Thanks my first thought was to just load them up.Then i thought what if i loaded them up and they did not chamber then i would be taking a hundred rounds apart. Thanks for the advice.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

reason i resize them is that even new cases, i have found with dinged necks. no way you would ever get a bullet seated. as i said, new, once fired, ammo i have fired, all mine get the same treatment.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I just finished with a big batch (1000 rds) of 44-40 for a friend. The brand new Starline cases were straight walled. I needed to size to acheive the slight bottleneck.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I always resize, trim, deburr, and ream flash holes of new brass. Maybe I'm just anal about it, but it gives me the warm fuzzies.:p

Hey- ya only need to do all this stuff once. (except trimming, of course)