Rescue cat

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, May 15, 2014.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I find this video quite awesome. The one thing I don't understand is why did the mom leave her child outside as she ran back into the house to call for help? Maybe she was just so upset she wasn't thinking but knowing the dog was still out there, I'm wondering why she didn't pick her son up and carry him into the house. But in any case, what about that cat?

http://www.today.com/news/dog-did-not-know-even-what-hit-him-hero-cats-2D79669571

2. emo

emo Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Watched on YouTube with the kids last night and then with several people at work today. Pretty amazing. Found it touching that when it was done chasing the dog off, it returned to check on the kid.

Real dogs drool!

3. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

I noticed that as well. The video didn't show much after. She could have went back and called rescue. I would have dropped my phone with a OMG moment..... Side note. When I was a kid we had a cat called WC. Witch Cat for long. She would kick the S out of any dog that came through the yard. She was a tough cookie.

4. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Lol...............

And don't you ever call me a ***** AGAIN............................We had a black cat like that way back when..................

5. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

the artical i read said she ran to chase the dog and that she actually was bit too.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

People who "hate" cats confuse me. Cats are cool. Too cool for some folks to understand sometimes. I had a cat as a kid that would terrorize the neighborhood dogs. We got a call one day asking us to come get the cat. He had the neighbor's German Shepherd cornered.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have three dogs and one cat. Petting the cat can calm me much more than petting the dogs. And he's much more silly than the dogs. I enjoy having my cat around.

8. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I have to admit, I am a Kliban fan. Never liked typical house cats, they are way too catty! Barn cats are cool, hard workers, never give you crap and they are always on duty. They have a tough life, lots of dangers when it comes to being small in a barn full of big animals that totaled dont have one brain the size of a single cat.

We had one at a farm I worked at called Spot, lost her 2 back legs in a cow stomp on Christmas eve. Most of the time, it would have been put away but because of the day, they took it to the vet and had them amputate the legs. Spot was one of the best mousers ever, could still walk the vacuum lines above the cows somehow, perfectly balanced, was amazing to watch.

The cat in this story is a cat of another kind, seems much more useful than the parents. I guess it learned some coping skills when it realized its owners were not so smart. Kid gets bit, mom runs away leaving the kid, WTF was she thinking???

Nother thing, Sad that the little ankle biter will be put to sleep, maybe the owners need to be retrained before they are allowed to have another dog....

9. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I don't like cats all that much but God Bless that one.

10. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

That cat was hell bent for leather thats for sure!!

11. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Best cat I ever had was a tom cat named Tiggnins. Tiggins was a beast that weighed 15 lbs and hated other cats but acted like a dog. I used to get some strange looks walking him.

12. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

I do not like cats, although, I have heard if marinated, they make good BBQ. :D

I do make an exception to my general rule of thumb for cats who act like dogs ie loving, loyal and protective. I have seen cats who really had character and would follow their owners around and seemed to exhibit signs of separation anxiety when their owners left.

While stuck at Costco, I decided to test one of their lounge chairs and there was a book titled "Everything you every wanted to know about Cats;" so I picked it up and gave it a speed read. The book began - Your cat does not love you per se, it stays w you because you feed it and provide shelter. If you stop feeding it or your neighbor provides better food & shelter, it will move. One reason a cat will not stay w a dying person...(No food)

When you compare the above to a dog who will not abandon it's owner even after death, I find the cat's motives too opportunist and downright disloyal.

Stray cats cause tremendous damage to buildings and property. Housing authorities have to wear hazmat suits to clean up after them. Their dander is actually toxic and its amazing how fast they can contaminate whole buildings if they get into the ventilation system. Its cost ASU hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight this pestilence. The abandoned house cat can become a health hazard - I hope you never have to find out how quick this can happen.

13. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

My cat is awesome. Although I doubt he would save me if I was being attacked. He is fat, lazy, and super friendly. Even when playing rough with him he will never scratch or bite. We rescued him at 1 years old from a shelter. He has turned out to be the coolest, calm, friendiest cat I have ever had. He's an indoor cat so I'm sure he would puss out if it came to a situation like that, but I love him either way. I have had multiple dogs as well, but cats are cool because they are basically zero maintenance. They exercise themselves (at 4 am doing full sprint laps around my house) and crap in a litter box. I like dogs too but can't understand why anyone wouldn't like a super friendly cat like mine haha.

14. FernandoTheCommando

Oh, and he watches tv like a human. He just sits in that little chair and stares at the tv. He's a cool little guy.

Attached Files:

15. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I dont think this cat could have done any better.:)

IMG_0117_248_resized.jpg

16. FernandoTheCommando

Woah. Reminds me of that commercial with the dude and the tiny gold giraffes and strippers in the direct tv commerical.

17. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

He would have saved the both owner and city some cash.

City - would not have had to put the dog down and dispose of corpse.

Owner: Woulnd't have had to feed the cat for a day, maybe two.

Win/Win

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  18. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

They show that video as much as the stupid gay football player here in St.Louis....:(