Republic arms patriot 45

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by gearhead396, Nov 3, 2012.

1. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Just got this on a trade on Craigslist with a guitar I'd never play again now I know republic is now cobra arms but any experience on this gun? also it's never been fired or loaded

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  2. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I've been looking for info on it all day and can't find anything solid apparently only 857 were ever made

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

might want to check out Davis Industries, a maker of cheap junk pistols and a part of a group of companies that have changed names and owners for years. brand new that pistol probably sold for less than $200. bout the same class of pistol as the Bryco, Jennings and Jiminez pistols. i hope it wasn't a good guitar!

what's funny is, you traded for a pistol you knew nothing about, and now you have traded for it and now you want information about it? does that sum it it up pretty accurately? smart thing would have done some research before trading.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The last I knew of this company they were in Salt Lake City, Ut. They were low quality firearms. They were in no way relieable firearms. :(

5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

It was a guitar me ex gf left at my house and it was a honer so ya I'm gonna take it out soon and see if its a nice gun or a piece of crap either way I didn't lose out thanks for the info

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well, least you wont be disapointed ;)

7. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Its funny i haven't had a chance to get to the range but dry firing already makes me nervous the slide pops back about 2 mm every time the striker is released and the disassembly pin slides out a little hahaha almost don't wanna be the first one to shoot it

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

before you do take it to the range and shoot it, please do us a favor and count your fingers first. that way when it blow up in your hand, you will know if any are missing!:eek:

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Send it to me and I'll wring it out good for ya. I've got brass balls, nerves of steel, and I bleed like any other man. Bring it on.

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Agreed, I have no troubles taking risks with firearms. Try dummy caps in it.

11. bigbud9mm

bigbud9mm New Member

Isn't this this the same as the Cobra Patriot .45 ?

12. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Yes cobra bought out republic arms and moved production to Houston from what I've read on the net

13. bigbud9mm

bigbud9mm New Member

Any ideas about quality and shooting experience with it.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ship it over and I'll tell you all about it ;)

15. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Haven't shot it yet its never been shot. I almost don't want to and just sell it off

16. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Don't be a pooss, just pus a hot +p+ load in it and fire away.

Just kiddin man. Seriously though, put a single round in it, rack, and fire. Go from there. Wear protective eye wear, hearing, and enjoy the new piece!

17. Misha_Puppy

Misha_Puppy New Member

I like it.

I have the melonite version. Had it for a couple of years. Put a couple hundred rounds through it. Every time I pull the trigger, it goes BANG!

Mine also moves the slide at the end of the trigger pull but it doesn't seem to cause any failures. I think the problem is machining marks on the firing pin assy or the part of the slide it fits into. Haven't taken the time to do a proper "fluff and buff" yet. The firing pin doesn't have a safety block, the spring keeps it from striking the primer if it is dropped. Maybe a stouter recoil spring would work to stop the 'creep'? Would not want a weaker firing pin spring to compromise safety.

I bought a new assembly pin from Cobra because my pin also creeps out while shooting - didn't help. When I clean it I usually put a drop of lacquer under the pin head - works pretty good. I have an idea that I'm going to try, to add a retaining spring similar to my Kel-Tec P-11 in the near future but I've been busy with other projects.

This is an inexpensive gun that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles...no slide-lock after last round, DAO-Looong trigger pull and reset but crisp break, striker-fired with double-strike capability, very close in size/weight to my P-11, all parts are the same as the Cobra version and still available, uses 1911 magazines if you don't want to buy extras from Cobra,.

This is not an IPSC gun. I use mine for IWB concealed carry with a "Clipdraw" universal slide clip and I am happy with it. If I need it, I am confident it will work. If you really don't want to keep yours, contact me.

18. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

So sold it to a friend just ran in to him at the bar he put 200 round no issues at all fired every time 100 Winchester bulk 50 rem umc and 50 Speer home defense....have to say I'm suprised

19. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

After reading this I kinda and hearing what my friend had to say I kinda want it back oh well got 400 bucks for it

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If you got $400 for a Cobra Patriot .45 from a friend you shud either be ashamed of yourself or laffing your azz off depending on how good a friend he was :p