Report: Sprincfield XD 45 ACP

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by layton, Jul 28, 2009.

1. layton

layton New Member

Well went to the range again today, ran 200 rounds through it.Ran a total 1k rounds through to break in, then did the first cleaning, had no FTF/FTE on the first 1k rounds.
    Ran the 200 rounds through today with no FTF/FTE, first firing since cleaning. Today paid more paid more attention as to shot placement, all were at 10/25 YD. The first 2 mags( 13 per mag ) aiming at top of X on silhouette lining up top of front sight with top of back sight, The rounds were in the X from center to the left in the 10.

I then moved up to the 8/9 ring and over to the right about 1/2",had noticed that I was only using the tip of my finger on the trigger, so placed it up to the knuckle, the hits were in line, but were low, I then used a fine sight picture ( top of front sight) to the bottom of the rear sight.The rounds were then hitting the 8/9 ring where I was aiming, then I moved down to the 9 ring and pt 13 rounds in about 1 1/2" group about 3" from the top of the X.

I then moved to the head and using the same aiming procedure, and trying to place individual shots, was able to place from forehead to neck, but noticed that I was breathing and forgetting to let out some and hold, placed about 5 shots to the side figuring out what I was doing wrong. Once I got the breathing down, all shots were where I said previously, overall I was satisfied, I was able to identify what I was doing and correct.
    All of the shots were performed at 25 yds, except for the first 26 rounds.

Good news, I also got notice that my Taurus sub compact 45 shipped today, so I will be doing the break in on it probably this week.

Also, as soon as I figure how to transfer from digital camera to here, will post targets for critique.

Layton

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. orangello

orangello New Member

You can upload pics to photobucket or a similar site & just post their links to them. One of the links will say "forum" format, i bleve (bottom one i think). like this link: "http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/iangrainger/p4_5assmonkey.gif[/IMG but with a ] at then end.

Glad to hear you have the sights down pat; they did seem noticeably different to me from what i was used to.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've got an XD45 and love it. I'm currently in the market for a compact. Sounds like you've got some nice groups, I'd like to see some pics of everything if you get a chance.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Sounds like a pretty reliable pistol and some good shooting.

5. layton

layton New Member

I should have the Taurus sub compact in this week, then I will see if I can borrow wife's camera and along with the targets post my weapons also.
    If I remember correctly, I can store the pics on my drive and post on demand here,Right?

Layton

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Layton check this out:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f45/posting-pictures-12266/#post87560

7. layton

layton New Member

8. layton

layton New Member

Seeing if this works, good it did, this was a rentat whill waiting on my XD.
    Layton

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  9. orangello

orangello New Member

That bottom hit looks darn painful too; i would hope it would be the first shot. Were you trying to make a smiley face? You basically did it.

10. layton

layton New Member

These are my recent acquisitions. XD 45ACP,Taurus PT 745 ACP, Mossburg 500SP 12 ga.

Attached Files:

11. layton

layton New Member

This is a new holster I got, like it,comfortable, even forget you have it on.

Attached Files:

12. layton

layton New Member

Another one.

Attached Files:

13. layton

layton New Member

This is the breakin of the PT 745

14. layton

layton New Member

This is the breakin of the PT745

Attached Files:

15. layton

layton New Member

This is with the XD 45, this was getting the sights between fine and course, fine bead,dead on.

Attached Files:

16. orangello

orangello New Member

17. layton

layton New Member

I thought about that, also thinking about a bandalier for the 12ga and one for my 308 and 300 savage.

Layton

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a dead bad guy all day long in these parts layton. Some trigger time and you will be tightening those groups up and putting them all in the killzone.

Looks like you got yourself a keeper in that XD. How was the .45 recoil for you? What you were expecting? Better?

JD

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Good shootin for not doing it for a long time. What's with the grouping to the left of the neck/shoulder area with the XD? I'm not picking. I'm saying keep up the practice, and you will never see that again. :)