REPORT IN!!! Who's in the 1911 club?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by SGT-MILLER, Aug 16, 2009.

Who's in the 1911 fraternity?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2010.
  1. YES! I am part of the 1911 fraternity.

82.8%
  2. NO! but I want to join.

17.2%
  1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Post up!!! How many member's of the FTF community are also members of the 1911 fraternity?

I'm a proud member of the Kimber branch of the fraternity.

:cool:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm in fer shure. :cool:

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Hells Yeah!

I represent Kimber and Nighthawk. Both are damn good weapons and I would grab either one in an instant if my life, or the life of a loved one were on the line.

1911 - It's the handgun every other handgun wants to be!

JD

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Colt here, I'm in!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  5. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Unfortunately not. The only reason for that though is due to age. Come August 8th of next year, I'll be paying for a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II, and then hopefully picking it up on the 10th, as long as my gun store has it in stock.

-Fred

6. Sev

Sev New Member

I'm in. I have a Kimber Custom II, 5" barrel. It's a great gun.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Only have 4 right now, had 8 at one point. Now it's Colt, Kimber, S&W, and Norinco.

Have owned Springfield, Dan Wesson, Rock Island, and other Armscor variants...

8. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Not yet. By the end of the year, I'm hoping to have both a Taurus PT 1911 with tactical rail, and a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 (with night sights and maybe a laser grip).

9. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Kimber X2 here and waiting for the third, Prob and SIS or a eclipse.
    I am gona start putting some money away here and there so in 2011 I can buy a Gold match or something nice as a 100th aniversary peice and not shoot it :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I've got a Para P-14 that I love, and I'm going to add single stack to my collection soon (perhaps a Sig or S&W).

11. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

I wish I could get a 1911. They are very nice!

S.S.

12. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

well i voted to join but yes i own a 1911 wasnt paying attention when i voted

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Colt .45 ACP Combat Commander 1911 full size. :)

Jack

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Mostly (modified) Colts for me. But also a Randall, STI, and Remington Rand. Shot my first 1911 when I was 12, and have loved them ever since.
    My Colt Ace is a 1937 mfg, and is unfired and mint. My 70 Series Colt Gold Cup has the shortest trigger reset of any gun I've ever tried. My 70 Series Jim Clark longslide has an original S&W MTU bbl. I've been told S&W made 100 of these bbls for the Army Marksmanship Training Unit, and most were shot out by the end of the 1970's.
    It (usually) takes a bit of work to make most 1911's truly reliable (always get that plunger tube brazed on), but the work is easy and the guns are worth the effort. The 1911 is possibly the best "home tinkerer" pistol available. They can be detail stripped in about 20 seconds, and reassembled in not much more.
    I would not hesitate to carry any of mine to defend my life, or the life of another.
    [​IMG]

15. macro01

macro01 New Member

here's mine
    Para 14.45 Ltd
    Armscor GI
    Colt M1991A1 Commander
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i would like to have a kimber soon. maybe a tactical custom II

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  16. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

I've got multiple branch offices in the Fusion, Dan Wesson, Kimber, and Taurus territories. Used to have offices in the Colt territory, but had to close them.
    Sarge

17. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Dammit Rock, we just wanted to know if you had a 1911 in this thread, not throw up a picture of all your kids and make the rest of us feel all inadequate and jealous and chit! ;) You do have some nice looking kids there, must get their looks from their momma's side of the family. :)

Jack

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Please let me in!

Kimber and Taurus, but I'm a Colt and/or Nighthawk wannabe as soon as I find one or the other.:mad:

19. Gunsmokeray

Gunsmokeray New Member

Para PXT, Randall and Foster Industries parts gun. All 45 Government.

20. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Proud Dan Wesson owner

Attached Files: