Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some new sights for my pistol and am having the hardest time figuring out how to get these factory sights off.

I have no problem w/ taking it to a gunsmith, but as I like to do things myself (and learn) and if I can do it without breaking something, then I'll do it myself.

Anyone have any idea how to to this? I've tried the Beretta sight pusher, no luck. And I've tried a drift punch, no luck there either.

I'm open to suggestions.

thanks

·
Retired
13,846 Posts
You may need a sight pusher to do it correctly without leaving marks.
Normally the sights are installed from the port side.

Without the correct tool, installation could break parts of night sights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may need a sight pusher to do it correctly without leaving marks.
Normally the sights are installed from the port side.

Without the correct tool, installation could break parts of night sights.
As I stated in my post, I have a pusher...the sight won't budge. :)

I've found some info that states the site is "staked" at the factory to hold it in place better and that it why it won't budge.

I think I've found a gunsmith I can use in the area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Success! Would have helped if the dang instructions had been correct.

The instruction that come /w the Beretta sight pusher clearly state: "Push the sight out of the right side of the slide, as the muzzle is pointed away from you."

I was looking at Beretta's website and the picture showed it pushing the other direction (out the left).

I called up Beretta and they confirm to push in out the left side. I informed them the instruction that come w/ their pusher are wrong.

So I tried again, pushing the sight out the left side and whadya know, it worked! :)

New Trijicon night sights are now installed.

·
Retired
13,846 Posts
Port is left. (Unless we are talking wine.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.