Repairing Mosin Metal Finish/Paint

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by SubSniper91395, Aug 31, 2012.

1. SubSniper91395

SubSniper91395 New Member

Does anyone know a cheap way to repair this kind of wear cost efficiently? Like shoe polish or just paint it?

Attached Files:

2. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Why? It's a $150 gun.........The ones I've seen look somewhat worn and a lot like that when they're new.......

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Birchwood casey blueing kit and a week's worth of work. $30

4. cottontop

cottontop Guest

What mountainman13 said.
    cottontop

5. brandonannette

brandonannette New Member

Well the big thing is if it refinshed if it is that may be where they used black paint and yes they did thise in few countrys

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

HUH? Either english or better spelling & grammar, please.

7. brandonannette

brandonannette New Member

Some places used black paint to be cheap after ww2

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

The best thing is to leave it in it's original condition. These rifles are going to increase in value drastically when the current flood dries up. Those in original condition will be worth far more than those that have been altered. Collectors will not buy a rifle that has the finish tampered with or the stock sanded or refinished.

An example: One year ago I was buying Chinese T-53s for $79.00 each, now you are hard pressed to buy one for $150.00. Try making that return on stocks. In the five years I have been collecting these rifles, the value of my collection, overall, has more than doubled. For those who have been collecting longer than me, some of their collections have increased 500% or more in value.