renewing a C&R time frame

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Mack Bolan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

my C&R expires in march of 2013, is it too early to send in the application and respective paperwork( if any) for renewal?

2. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

They send you a renewal form.

3. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

thank you sir, i'll patiently await that mail then.

4. xring3

xring3 Member

This brings up a thought......in light of current events, I wonder if the C&R community will face more restrictions?

5. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

I sent off for mine in early November, they cashed my check but I haven't heard a thing from them. How long does this take usually? Maybe in light of current events... never.

6. bob2231

bob2231 New Member

I doubt that current politics are going to impact C&R collectors much.

7. string1946

string1946 New Member

C & R renewal

My C & R was due to expire on Feb. 1 2013. I received my renewal form some time in Oct. I mailed it back in with a check around the 1st of Nov. I received my renewed license on either Dec. 10th or 11th.

8. samnev

samnev New Member

Usually 4-5 weeks after you send the renewal form in.

9. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i eventually got my renewal forms mid january and my lic is due to expire 3/31/2013.

ball is in my court for now :cool:

10. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I have filled out an application for C&R and am making sure I have everything correct. Do I have to fill out the Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. as well being a natural citizen, or is that just for immigrants like resident aliens?

11. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Just for resident aliens. It took me some thinking last year when I got my C&R.

12. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I know, I couldn't decide which way it meant. At the top it says "You must complete this certification or the ATF will not be able to act upon your application and the application will be returned to you." Then about number 4 or so, it says "if you are a citizen of the United States then skip to number....." You'd think they'd at least try to make it clear.

13. stickhauler

stickhauler New Member

Make it clear? Well, that would make the large crews we pay to make any and all government forms totally confusing unnecessary. In 58 years of living, I have yet to see a government form that is easily understood.

14. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

I think I sent my renewal out between 3/15 and 3/20 and i got it back about before end of April...that's not too bad in my book for a federal gov paperwork processing time.

15. bob2231

bob2231 New Member

I wasn't able to send my renewal when I got it,money's tight.
    Since mine expires in just about a month,I'm just going to renew it in person at the office in Tampa.
    The turn-around time will be however long it takes me to get out of there that day.
    Not too bad,and they take the photo and notarize your form.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Bob- the discussion was about a Federal Firearms License, not a concealed carry license. We have no photos on a FFL.