Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fer instance: Cheaper than Dirt should be Higher Than Caviar.
5.56 and other caliber as four to five times the price it use to be.
They have it but at $1.39 a round their name is blasphemy.
We really have a truth in advertising law.
It and the whole lot really upped their prices on everything when they were bought out about 10 years ago or so.
One site has haz mat charges of $39.95, I think, when it is only $27.00 and change.

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts
I have always claimed that Cheaper than Dirt described their character. I haven't bought anything from them in over 20 years, and never miss a chance to diss them. They are a disgusting outfit.

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts
Wal-Mart should be renamed Wel-Fare, as most of their employees make such low wages as to be dependent on government assistance to stay alive.

Reactions: tinbucket

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
Wal-Mart should be renamed Wel-Fare, as most of their employees make such low wages as to be dependent on government assistance to stay alive.
Chain, that is BULL-SCHIDT!
And you know it!

·
Premium Member
9,351 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts
Wages should be determined by the employees value to the employer. Not the cost of living or Karl Marx's idea of "fair."
It is a case of the powerful lording over the weak. In my way of thinking a person who works a full time job should be compensated well enough that I, as a tax payer, don't have to buy their groceries or keep a roof over their heads. Florida, the solid red state that it is, just snatched a knot in their azz with a $15.00 minimum wage passed by a direct vote of the people. Democracy in action!

·
Registered
841 Posts
And now watch how many fewer employees you will see in your local store. Why do people try to buy a house and start a family with a cart boy job?

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
It is a case of the powerful lording over the weak. In my way of thinking a person who works a full time job should be compensated well enough that I, as a tax payer, don't have to buy their groceries or keep a roof over their heads. Florida, the solid red state that it is, just snatched a knot in their azz with a $15.00 minimum wage passed by a direct vote of the people. Democracy in action!
No, Marxist communism in action. Do you really think it's worth $15 per hour to flip burgers??? Maybe that's why the founding fathers were so dead set against democracy.

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts
No, Marxist communism in action. Do you really think it's worth $15 per hour to flip burgers??? Maybe that's why the founding fathers were so dead set against democracy.
Those guys have been dead for 200 years, they shouldn't be running my life.
I think that a full time worker should be able to keep a roof over their head and food in the pantry. Damn right I do. If you can't afford the extra dime the burger will cost, eat at home.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Home Depot as Home Desperate. You go there knowing that they have 50 each of 5000 things, and none of them will be what you actually need, and desperately hoping that they have what you need to fix what’s broken, that you bought there a year ago, and they no longer carry

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
a wall mart job etc used to be considered a "beginners job".
I worked in a convenience store back when I was going to college. It paid beginners (that is minimum) wages!
I didn't expect to support a family of 3 or 4 on it!
I don't know where people got the idea on someone working at a beginners job is supposed to be making enough money to support a family!
I went to school AND worked and it PAID off in the long run.
Later...after reaching a plateau in my wages as a design draftsman with my AA degree, I went on to get my Bachelors degree. It all took and EFFORT, but it PAID off!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts