Rename the Forum of Forums.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Apr 22, 2009.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

With all of the happenings in both "The Club House" and "Legal & Politics" being heavily religiously oriented, I suggest the name of "FirearmsTalk.com" be changed to "FirearmsReligionPollitics.com". Our motto could be "Come here to hate us all, no matter your position on the matter." We could also make sure the name appears in searches for guns, anti-guns, Christ, Anti-Christ, Go Obama, Anti-Obama...I feel it would widen exposure and allow for a larger base of potential advertisers. Once the $ starts flowing, no one would have to pay to be a Supporting Member as that title will be antiquated.

This is just my opinion. Since I have an opinion, I contest everyone else's opinion if it does not match my own. I promise to belittle you and pull rank, just because I think you are an idiot.

Man, I love this forum as it is the most entertaining forum on the net...:D

(We need a sarcastic smilie)

2. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Lots of forums won't allow Political / Religious posts. I have a different view though. I like having the kind of members who can have a heated but civil debate then turn around and answer a firearm question for the person they just butted heads with. Kind of brings forth a more open community.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That right there is why I love this forum. I am a long standing member of a trade related forum, and when members won't answer a question without a slam on the asker because of their machine control of choice, it makes the forum a pain to follow.

That, sir, is why we need a 'sarcasm' smilie. I know for a fact that the software has many smilies available...I do not know if it is an upgrade option that costs $.

You have created the best forum of its kind on the net, notdku. I thank you and applaud your stance. You RULE! :D

4. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Guns and politics are inseparable.

I avoid any religious topics, because one man's belief can be another man's blasphemy. Too many people have died over the centuries arguing about religion, and it continues to this day. Arguing religion settles nothing and proves nothing. We each believe what we believe, and no one really, truly knows what the truth is. That's why we call it faith.

Army chaplain: "General Patton, I was surprised to see a bible in your quarters. Do you have time to read it?"

General Patton: "Every God-damned day."

[​IMG]

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

AddEmoticons0256.gif

emoticon.thumbnail.jpg

AddEmoticons0082.gif

ass3.gif

bored.gif

6. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

There is plenty of that going on now. It's good to see a group of adults acting like a group of adults. It's a rare occurrence on the internet these days.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I appreciate a forum where I can make my views known without retribution.

Thanks firearmstalk!!

I forgot why I was booted from another gun forum, but it was an opinion I expressed without insult to anyone. :)

8. propex

propex New Member

I enjoy this forum and the people on it greatly. Look forward to stoping by several times a day :)

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Been there, Done that and got the "BAN HAMMER" T-shirt!

Welcome to the not-so-exclusive fraternity of us slum-dogs.

This is the best forum going! [​IMG]

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Damn, I haven't been kicked out of anywhere yet. (Except out of bed for farting.) I'll have to try harder!

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Head over to the Obama forum and talk to them about your gun collection, especially your love for the AR platform. Should take about 8 minutes. :D

JD

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Or just make more sarcastic remarks about ignoring bad behavior![​IMG]