Removing the lightbar

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by bluealtered, Sep 12, 2008.

1. bluealtered

bluealtered New Member

I am thinking about removing the lightbar from some of my polymar pistols, does anybody have a good way to bring the finish back out?
    I have used gun oil in the past, and it works, but you have to keep applying it. blue

2. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

Lightbar ?

The only things with "Lightbars" I know of are Police cars , ambulances and firetrucks .

Must be one hellof a big gun to have one of those hanging on it .

Now if you mean the accessory rail that is an integral part of the dustcover I suggest if you don't want it you trade the gun for one that doesn't have that feature .

Other than this I have no idea what you could be talking about .

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

LOL @big001 Light bar

All I will say is STEP AWAY FROM THE DREMAL AND PLACE IT ON THE GROUND SIR. OR YOU WILL BE SHOT.

4. bluealtered

bluealtered New Member

very good, oo1. I was going to use picatinny rail, ...i just wasn't sure if you could spell it. blue

5. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

LOL if you were going to use it in your post why would I have to be able to spell it ?

I and others would have to be able to READ IT and at worst if we didn't know what it meant we would have to do a search but that wasn't/isn't needed in my case ty .

Just an FYI they do make bolt on rails for the 1911 and I think a few other models but not positive there .

I imagine those could be removed if you wanted to but your dustcover would have some small holes in it .

6. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Be careful you don't weaken the frame. Gun smiths LOVE Dremel Tools. :cool:

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nah! Gunsmith's love EndMills.... The @home guys love the Dremel... LOL

JD

8. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Yep, yep, yep. I use an endmill, surface grinder... and lathe occasionally.