Removing history from national cemeteries

Discussion in 'History' started by boatme98, May 25, 2020.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Your money is their money. :(

ellis36 likes this.
  2. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Served three years in a military HS and JC: Wentworth Military Academy (now defunct), in Lexington, MO. There were a number of skirmishes there during the (un)Civil War. Residents there had pretty much gotten over it, but knew and appreciated the town's history. Quaint town and good folks.

3. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

I wonder what a 15ft tall bronze, granite or marble statute would cost to replace? By that I mean: I wonder if towns could go after such perps, hard, financially, for the destruction of property the People have paid for such items. Can't imagine it'd be anything less than $six figures for such a statute ... probably more, in many cases.

Imagine a group of people wielding 20lb sledgehammers upon the Vietnam Memorial, in DC, taking out a dozen panels. Outright warfare might well start, then, if such people aren't careful, simply due to the abject effrontery of such an act.

They're playing with fire, such people. I suspect most don't even know it.

ellis36 likes this.
  4. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

Vietnam memorial: I knew 'nam vets that hated, loathed, detested and despised the Black Gash. until they went there the first time. many went back.

some of you remember a radical who was one of the Chicago Seven: Jerry Rubin. he was a stockbroker when he died.

these fools have no idea what fools they are.

G66enigma and ellis36 like this.