Remora holsters

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by mahall, Jan 6, 2014.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

I ordered a Remora Holster for my Glock 19! Read plenty of good reviews! Anybody own this holster? If so, how is working for them??

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have one and I like it. I don't carry outside of my home as I don't have a CC permit yet. But even if you don't like it, you didn't spend a lot of money on it. The Remora holster was recommended to me by Canebrake when I got my little Sig. He lives in Florida and he pocket carries or IWB carries with the Remora holster. It works just fine even in gym shorts, he said.

[​IMG]

3. cola490

cola490 New Member

I have one for each of my guns. They work great for short trips, I don't know if I would wear it all day. They are good for for sweat pants and just to store guns in the safe.

Another use just came to mind. Illinois has just passed CC and one of the rules state that if you need to go into a Gun Free zone you can leave your loaded gun in a case in a locked vehicle, so you can un holster your gun and put it in a Remora and put it in a console or glovebox with the trigger protected.

4. mahall

mahall New Member

My Remora Holster was in the mail today! Love it so far!! Give an update after a few weeks of use! Thanks for the input!

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I think you're going to like it. Canebrake wears his all day long and he likes it.

6. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

I been carrying for many years, and just discovered theRemora about amonth ago,
    Easiest to use IWB ,and most comfortable IWB,Ihave ever owned.
    I wear it all day every day.
    Love it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

7. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I carry my Nano in a Remora all the time, it's on me from when i walk in the house til i go to bed. Very comfortable and it stays where you put it.

8. mahall

mahall New Member

I also have to say! Remora had the Holster in my hand within 4 days of ordering! -:)

9. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

10. phideaux

Yes it is. Seires #12 full with sweat shield. I dont think I would like the gun grip rubbing against me.

Next one I get will have the hide lining.

This gun weighs 28oz loaded .It does not move, but I shift it a little occassionaly from sitting to standing position, but most of time
    I fagidaboudit.

Jim

Jim

11. mahall

mahall New Member

That's its number one asset in my opinion! The ability to shift the holster throughout the day as you wish! Typically with other holsters, there is a sweet position for sitting and another for standing! With Remora, it's so much easier to adjust/move the Holster.

12. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Sounds like it clings to skin quite well. If you have tried it, how does it work staying in position if it is against clothing like a T-shirt? I would wear it against a T-shirt IWB and a long shirt outside.

13. phideaux

It works just as well.
    Its the material/skin its made of.
    It only needs slight compression from belt/waistband to keep it in place.
    Its really quite remarkable.

Jim

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  14. mahall

mahall New Member

First full day of holstering my G19 in Remora! All went well, comfortable and secure! You never get the feeling the gun or the holster is not going to stay put! However, the technique of using the bathroom might have to be tweaked!

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I dislike mine very much.
    For Pocket carry, which is what I do exclusively, they're unnecessarily and uncomfortably thick. Actually hoping to find a replacement, which is why I came to this specific subforum.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Firearms Talk mobile app

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

beyond, what kind of pistol are you carrying?

17. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

You might look at something like this (their website is down right now) but here is the thumbnail image. They don't appear to have any added thickness from additional banding or padding. They are suede (thin) and I believe they can be used with or without the clip.

[​IMG]

Few more images here:
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/pocket-holster

http://www.opticsplanet.com/desantis-pocket-tuk-in-the-waistband-pocket-holsters.html

More links:
    http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/technical/Holsters.html

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  18. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

I will toss in a plus one for the desantis holster above.. I was just down in fl and I cc for the first time for a week with this holster and a ruger sr9c in it.. First few days it was a little tight with the leather loosening up but once it molded to the gun and me it's now perfect..

You can wear it strong side, cross draw or behind the back since the clip rotates.. You can also remove the clip and use it for pocket carry too. I think I paid 25 bucks on midway usa for it.. The only thing I didn't like was the actual belt clip right at the tip. I had to push it in to get it to hold on and the it was always a little tricky to get off.. But I learned it in no time.. I have the one that is pictured above but they also make one with a different clip I would like to try.. This other clip goes up over your pants down behind the belt and curls up at the bottom of the belt to hold on..

19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Right now, firestar 9mm, but soon XDs. The XDs fit much better, thinner, but was still too thick with the remora. Just seems any material would do, I might make my own from denim or something.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Firearms Talk mobile app

20. mahall

mahall New Member

I have the XDs in a cheap holster, clipped on my gym shorts as I wait to get my car serviced, as I am typing this! Excellent conceal choice!!