Reminton in Ilion NY is starting to stand up for us!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by WebleyFosbery38, May 10, 2013.

1. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Remington in Ilion has been there for a couple centuries and employed 1300+ local craftsmen as one of our largest employers in the area. They have been relatively silent up till now about NY and our stupid anti 2A laws but now they are beginning to beat the wardrums.

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=895917#.UYy9pUovKSo

While none of us want to see them move to a 2A friendly state, their silence to date has been troubling to those of us who dont agree at all with Albanizer Scrooge and his henchturds. Obviously, they are being courted by other states and that seems to have empowered them to realize NY isnt their only choice.

Lets hope they ramp the pressure up and dont back down, we deserve our rights and they shouldnt ever accept anything less than full rights for their workers, neighbors and fellow state residents.

I applaud them for breaking the silence, please let them know you support them supporting us!

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have to wonder if the powers that be there would really even care. I mean..Them getting gone would help keep people safer right? Every right (i mean left) thinking NY lawmaker seems content with the idea that less guns is safer. And those guns being shipped out might get highjacked by tea party radicals or god forbid...Christians!:eek: WE know that these groups are well known for their terrorism...:rolleyes:

On a more serious note I"ll bet the people that live and work around there have to be a little nervous hearing that statement. And well should be.

3. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

henchturds :D

Good for Remington.

4. WebleyFosbery38

Every right (i mean left) thinking NY lawmaker seems content with the idea that less guns is safer

DJ, not every NY Lawmaker, just the ones from the NYC area! 95% Of The Counties to include mine have overwhelmingly voted to rescind the Safe Act, Downstate may have the numbers but they dont own our minds in the Real State of NY. Albany has been run with an Iron fist by downstate Dems without a horse in this race. A bunch just got indicted and more arrests are on the way. Albanizer Scrooges control base isnt just shrinking; its being put on trial, the votes he needs to get his way are being nullified by his own courts because felons cant vote on bills or own guns in NY.

The only reason Andy cares is that his Iron fist is slowly losing fingers and punch! Remington didnt step up until they figured out that the feds wont be able to muster the votes to do to the other 49 states what Andy did to NY; neuter our 2a, 1a and others talking out their big A's! There are at least 30 other states that would love to manufacture guns that were banned in NY, Remington is about money, not politics.

5. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

Stand up move is right, I appreciate them going public on the pro 2A statements.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Are they selling the rifles to DHS (or other federal agencies) or to the military? If it's the military (and the article made it seem that way), then what exactly is the problem? Would you rather our troops not have those rifles?

If its DHS, then Remington is in for a world of hurt.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  8. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

It's gonna take more than some fancy words from Remington for them to get out of the hole they are in.

I say let 'em rot, why should we care?

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Texaswood these are Sniper rifles at $16,000 a pop over a ten year period. Who gets them?? A Liberal antigun Senator was handed this to protect Union jobs in New York State. Why didn't Remington manufacture these rifles in Pro Gun North Carolina?? They sold out to Obama. I hope Walmart and others drop the Remington 700 from stock.:mad:

10. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

The article said the military, so I'm guessing military snipers will.

Which Union jobs? The Remington employees?

Don't know. That's a question for Remington.

Right now, I'm not supporting Remington, or condemning them because I don't have the full story of what's going on.

11. WebleyFosbery38

Remington is a huge employer in a very rural area, we need them here as long as they step up to the plate and it seems like they might be doing that now. They sent a huge contingency down to Albany for the protest against the Safe Act and I will support them as long as they support the 2A and their employees.

As far as Chuckie Screwmore giving them the Sniper Rifle Contract, we will take it but he shouldnt expect to gain any new friends or votes by doing it; we arent stupid, just economically damaged!

I wish people would stop saying NY State is anti 2A, its not the truth or even close; we are so much more than NYC and Albany. Honestly, we could use some real support from those that value the same things we do otherwise you will find the things that start in Albany may end up in your state and home town before you know it!!!

12. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

It's perhaps the sounding of the name New York that gets people confused with New York (City), - that 'detention city' I was born and raised in when then it was exciting to be alive.

13. WebleyFosbery38

I was always dumbfounded in Basic Tng and other duty stations after I would tell people I was from NY, They would always say, "New York City?". My canned response was always, "no, the real state of NY!", then explain to them that we could lose NY in my back yard cause NY City was small, NY is huge! Lastly, I would point out that most of them had seen NY City first hand more than I ever did as a New Yorker...

14. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

With that, you would have to hold ATK and their subsidiaries (Federal Cartridge) at the same standard. ATK being the largest defense contractor for the federal govt. is also one of the largest supporters of the 2A as well as the NRA. The folks on the ground level making ammo are no Obama supporters and are certainly some of the most ferocious 2A advocates you will find. I suspect the same with Remington Arms.

These companies have a lot of skin in the game, more so than the average citizen, and will be affected economically as well as constitutionally and in either case could be there ruination or there salvation.

15. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

When someone tells me they are from New York, I always ask "upstate?" and they get a confused look on their face cause you know they were getting ready to say "No I'm from upstate, not the city". :D

16. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Is Remington privately held or publicly traded? If they are publicly traded everything they do can affect their stock price, and negative things can open them up to litigation from their stockholders. Not a good thing.

If they are prvately held, a board does it, and they are open to any and all criticism and hold back of public support.

17. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

Privately held.

18. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Remington, a company on the decline, will move when their pocketbook tells them to and no sooner.

Anything else from them is a gamble to obtain favorable treatment like tax abatements, etc. They could not give a damn about anyone's rights except to the extent that their image is tarnished as in NY and sales are impacted.

19. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Head too far up the pentagon's ass.

20. HankStone

HankStone New Member

Well Colt,Winchester,Marlin and many other Gun Valley gun manufacturers are history,what the hell why not Remington,let them all RIP who cares?

"I DO"