Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are calling this new rifle all original.....just lookin at the pics of it in outdoor life I can tell you it isn't. It has the marlin sling slots, the marlin barrel nut, and marlin bolt w just a few aesthetical differences. The trigger also looks like the pro-fire Marlin trigger. 770 magazine and reciever it looks like. Supposed to fill the gap between the 770 and 700 sps. I having my business partner order one. I don't care if its 30/06, 308, 270, or 7 mm mag-its four calibers. Id prefer any of em over the 06 but that's a personal thing. Id take an 06 if that's what they send.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are calling this new rifle all original.....just lookin at the pics of it in outdoor life I can tell you it isn't. It has the marlin sling slots, the marlin barrel nut, and marlin bolt w just a few aesthetical differences. The trigger also looks like the pro-fire Marlin trigger. 770 magazine and reciever it looks like. Supposed to fill the gap between the 770 and 700 sps. I having my business partner order one. I don't care if its 30/06, 308, 270, or 7 mm mag-its four calibers. Id prefer any of em over the 06 but that's a personal thing. Id take an 06 if that's what they send.

ForumRunner_20130114_153200.jpg

Damn pic didn't attach. That's straight out of OL magazine

Attachments

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
I think, knowing Marlin as I do, that he's mostly just pissed that it seems they're touting a rifle as "all new" when it really just appears to be a mutt of existing equipment.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't understand your post.
FUBAR= [email protected]$#%* Beyond All Recognition
Having your business partner order one?
You'll take one even if it's 30-06?
What am I missing here?
Do you like it or not?:confused:
FUBAR as in two totally different companies are roled into one rifle. Right now I'm not impressed but I'm gonna torture the hell out of one. The reason I don't want 06 is cuz I have ALOT more reloads for the other 3 amd I know there ballistics/trajectory alot better than 06. I have a half ownership in a FFL/gunsmithing shop. I don't have Remington's order line # w me nor my credit card thrpugh the shop so he's ordering it......plus me and the Remington rep got into it last time I saw him.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think, knowing Marlin as I do, that he's mostly just pissed that it seems they're touting a rifle as "all new" when it really just appears to be a mutt of existing equipment.
Exactly. That and Remington is makin all these people think they are right in sayin Marlins are made by Remington since the buy out a couple years ago.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
looks like a response in the low budget line that ruger has been trying to dominate with the "all american" line

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like a response in the low budget line that ruger has been trying to dominate with the "all american" line
They are also trying to up their reputation after the 770 fiasco/fubar from hell

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
i am lookin at in the magazine. seems to copy the ruger american more than the others. just my .02

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am lookin at in the magazine. seems to copy the ruger american more than the others. just my .02
Yep. The stock also looks like the TC dimension.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
They are also trying to up their reputation after the 770 fiasco/fubar from hell
well with the market they are aiming it at these guns are likely only going to get shot 3 or 4 times a year at deer. prolly more than good enough for such stuff

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well with the market they are aiming it at these guns are likely only going to get shot 3 or 4 times a year at deer. prolly more than good enough for such stuff
Very true. I just watched the YouTube vids on it and I'm thinkin it might be wise to rethink my initial opinions on em.....ill know for sure here in a month or so when I get my 7 mag.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree....still gettin one in 7 mag to put her to the test

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I think I'll get a Tikka T3 as my next bolt gun... maybe a 700...
but to be honest, ever since the 08 election, I've been putting my in stuff that might be more finite, than bolt actions and lever actions...

But I digress... let us know how it works Marlin.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I'll get a Tikka T3 as my next bolt gun... maybe a 700...
but to be honest, ever since the 08 election, I've been putting my in stuff that might be more finite, than bolt actions and lever actions...

But I digress... let us know how it works Marlin.
Will do. Tikka makes a dang good gun as is the 700.

·
Banned
6,489 Posts
Just another budget priced rifle for the Big Box store market. Every gun company has flirted with these customers. The Remington 788 was floated for the discount stores years ago. How did that work out?;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts