Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are calling this new rifle all original.....just lookin at the pics of it in outdoor life I can tell you it isn't. It has the marlin sling slots, the marlin barrel nut, and marlin bolt w just a few aesthetical differences. The trigger also looks like the pro-fire Marlin trigger. 770 magazine and reciever it looks like. Supposed to fill the gap between the 770 and 700 sps. I having my business partner order one. I don't care if its 30/06, 308, 270, or 7 mm mag-its four calibers. Id prefer any of em over the 06 but that's a personal thing. Id take an 06 if that's what they send.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They are calling this new rifle all original.....just lookin at the pics of it in outdoor life I can tell you it isn't. It has the marlin sling slots, the marlin barrel nut, and marlin bolt w just a few aesthetical differences. The trigger also looks like the pro-fire Marlin trigger. 770 magazine and reciever it looks like. Supposed to fill the gap between the 770 and 700 sps. I having my business partner order one. I don't care if its 30/06, 308, 270, or 7 mm mag-its four calibers. Id prefer any of em over the 06 but that's a personal thing. Id take an 06 if that's what they send.

Photograph Revolver Gesture Font Trigger

Damn pic didn't attach. That's straight out of OL magazine

Attachments

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
I think, knowing Marlin as I do, that he's mostly just pissed that it seems they're touting a rifle as "all new" when it really just appears to be a mutt of existing equipment.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't understand your post.
FUBAR= [email protected]$#%* Beyond All Recognition
Having your business partner order one?
You'll take one even if it's 30-06?
What am I missing here?
Do you like it or not?:confused:
FUBAR as in two totally different companies are roled into one rifle. Right now I'm not impressed but I'm gonna torture the hell out of one. The reason I don't want 06 is cuz I have ALOT more reloads for the other 3 amd I know there ballistics/trajectory alot better than 06. I have a half ownership in a FFL/gunsmithing shop. I don't have Remington's order line # w me nor my credit card thrpugh the shop so he's ordering it......plus me and the Remington rep got into it last time I saw him.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think, knowing Marlin as I do, that he's mostly just pissed that it seems they're touting a rifle as "all new" when it really just appears to be a mutt of existing equipment.
Exactly. That and Remington is makin all these people think they are right in sayin Marlins are made by Remington since the buy out a couple years ago.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
looks like a response in the low budget line that ruger has been trying to dominate with the "all american" line

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
i am lookin at in the magazine. seems to copy the ruger american more than the others. just my .02

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
They are also trying to up their reputation after the 770 fiasco/fubar from hell
well with the market they are aiming it at these guns are likely only going to get shot 3 or 4 times a year at deer. prolly more than good enough for such stuff

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well with the market they are aiming it at these guns are likely only going to get shot 3 or 4 times a year at deer. prolly more than good enough for such stuff
Very true. I just watched the YouTube vids on it and I'm thinkin it might be wise to rethink my initial opinions on em.....ill know for sure here in a month or so when I get my 7 mag.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I think I'll get a Tikka T3 as my next bolt gun... maybe a 700...
but to be honest, ever since the 08 election, I've been putting my in stuff that might be more finite, than bolt actions and lever actions...

But I digress... let us know how it works Marlin.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I'll get a Tikka T3 as my next bolt gun... maybe a 700...
but to be honest, ever since the 08 election, I've been putting my in stuff that might be more finite, than bolt actions and lever actions...

But I digress... let us know how it works Marlin.
Will do. Tikka makes a dang good gun as is the 700.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts