Remington's new......FUBAR

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Marlinman, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

They are calling this new rifle all original.....just lookin at the pics of it in outdoor life I can tell you it isn't. It has the marlin sling slots, the marlin barrel nut, and marlin bolt w just a few aesthetical differences. The trigger also looks like the pro-fire Marlin trigger. 770 magazine and reciever it looks like. Supposed to fill the gap between the 770 and 700 sps. I having my business partner order one. I don't care if its 30/06, 308, 270, or 7 mm mag-its four calibers. Id prefer any of em over the 06 but that's a personal thing. Id take an 06 if that's what they send.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

ForumRunner_20130114_153200.jpg

Damn pic didn't attach. That's straight out of OL magazine

3. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

Here this one is a little clearer

image-2163493671.jpg

4. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

I don't understand your post.
    FUBAR= F@$#%* Beyond All Recognition
    Having your business partner order one?
    You'll take one even if it's 30-06?
    What am I missing here?
    Do you like it or not?:confused:

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I don't think he's impressed!!;)

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think, knowing Marlin as I do, that he's mostly just pissed that it seems they're touting a rifle as "all new" when it really just appears to be a mutt of existing equipment.

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

FUBAR as in two totally different companies are roled into one rifle. Right now I'm not impressed but I'm gonna torture the hell out of one. The reason I don't want 06 is cuz I have ALOT more reloads for the other 3 amd I know there ballistics/trajectory alot better than 06. I have a half ownership in a FFL/gunsmithing shop. I don't have Remington's order line # w me nor my credit card thrpugh the shop so he's ordering it......plus me and the Remington rep got into it last time I saw him.

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Exactly. That and Remington is makin all these people think they are right in sayin Marlins are made by Remington since the buy out a couple years ago.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

looks like a response in the low budget line that ruger has been trying to dominate with the "all american" line

10. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

They are also trying to up their reputation after the 770 fiasco/fubar from hell

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i am lookin at in the magazine. seems to copy the ruger american more than the others. just my .02

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yep. The stock also looks like the TC dimension.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

well with the market they are aiming it at these guns are likely only going to get shot 3 or 4 times a year at deer. prolly more than good enough for such stuff

14. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Very true. I just watched the YouTube vids on it and I'm thinkin it might be wise to rethink my initial opinions on em.....ill know for sure here in a month or so when I get my 7 mag.

15. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Ill stick to my marlins nuff said

16. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I agree....still gettin one in 7 mag to put her to the test

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I think I'll get a Tikka T3 as my next bolt gun... maybe a 700...
    but to be honest, ever since the 08 election, I've been putting my in stuff that might be more finite, than bolt actions and lever actions...

But I digress... let us know how it works Marlin.

18. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Will do. Tikka makes a dang good gun as is the 700.

19. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Ill take a 700 over the tikka any day had one did not like it, I might not have given it a full chance tho, my winny's an marlins kept crying over that imbred import. So sold it an got another marlin

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Just another budget priced rifle for the Big Box store market. Every gun company has flirted with these customers. The Remington 788 was floated for the discount stores years ago. How did that work out?;)