Remington's junk ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by savageman97, Aug 3, 2013.

1. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

I went shooting today to sight in my deer rifle. I used to use Remington cor lokt but that changed today when I fired this round and I noticed smoke coming out from around my bolt. The primer was blown back so hard that It left a ring the I can't seem to remove. And the round also failed to eject.

Attached Files:

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I've found Remington ammo to be a bit underpowered, but never anything like that:eek:

Did you buy the ammo new? Looks like an overcharged round to me.

3. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

Ya me and my cousin that I went shooting with figured that was the case... An yeah I bought the round brand new a few months ago an pulled it out of the box the day I fired it

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'd contact Remington and tell them what happened and give them the lot number on the box.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I would call Remington ASAP.

6. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Remington is recalling some of the core lokt ammo. Maybe you got one of those.

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

What caliber? I have had a couple 'duds' out of my last box of 30-06

8. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

His is 7mm

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'm sorry but one round can't make me call a companies ammo junk. Any more than haing one good shot make me say it kicks the llama's ass. Especially with ammo makers working double time trying to keep us and the feds in ammo.
    But I would make sure they knew what was up.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Extractor is jacked. The spring is probably boogered up. Contact Rem.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Agreed. When you consider the vast quantities of ammo going through production, sh!t happens just like this. Don't mean a damn thing about their overall quality.
    Call them up, tell them about it, give them the lot number. These companies rely on US, the CONSUMERS to help them put out a better product. Blowing them off and dogging their product as a whole, because of one bad round, just ain't fair.

12. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Not to say they are a bad company, but the core lokt isn't their best line.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  13. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

And from what I have been seeing on this and other forums it is happening with the other manufacture's as well.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wouldn't know, I don't shoot remington or Corelokt. I only shoot handgun, which means for me, WWB, because it's the cheapest that's regularly on the shelf at my LGS (I'll get anything cheaper, my gun eats it all). I rarely even see remington handgun ammo in my area.

I don't hunt either. Nothing against it, and I want to, it's just that I had to sell my rifles to help see me through a divorce and job loss. I intend to rectify that situation as soon as possible, but it's looking like I'll be missing out on this year's season too.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive had issues with hangfires on remington centerfire in 30-06 in the past. inconsistant ignition seems recurring. i just dont use any remington ammo or components

16. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

I have also hang fires with their .22 ammo.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

I didnt think anyone was using their 22 stuff

18. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Remington ammo is not that popular In my area either except for rifle ammo. I can't complain Though I can go into a academy about 5 days a week and get anything from .22 lr to 10mm it's all there.

19. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

Beggars can't be choosers :)

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i use a lot of the Remington bulk pack 22lr ammo. it seems to work fine in both of my 22's. the one i have had some problems with is the Winchester bulk pack 22lr ammo. lots of misfires.