Remington threatens to pull plant out of New York

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by towboater, Mar 26, 2012.

1. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

They should move it to Texas.

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

i can't understand why some gunmakers have plants in the northeastern anti-gun states. Taxes are sky high there too. The OK governor and legislature should make Remington a sweetheart deal on relocation.

3. Misfire

Misfire New Member

I love the line where it says the Governor's position has not changed in spite of Remington's threat. Of course it didn't change. You can't fix stupid.

4. TinCan

TinCan New Member

Lucedale, Mississippi has great spot for them to relocate to!!!!!

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Great! Where are they moving it to? China?

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I don't blame them. There are plenty of states that would love to have Remington move too. It's their gain, and New York's lost.

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Most of the time, it's because they had plants there before the state became anti gun. I don't understand why they stay though. I guess it would cost a lot of money to stop production, and move an entire plant.

8. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Florida will welcome Remington with open arms! I can't imagine that another state that is desperate for jobs and manufacturing wouldn't start offering incentives to Remington to move to their state. States looking for businesses should see this as an opportunity. I would think that every midwestern and southern state (with some noteable exceptions) would fall over themselves trying to woo Remington.

9. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

So to NY politicians, apparently losing 1000 jobs isn't as important as making their point.
    If I were running Remington, they'd get the 1 finger salute and I'd be shopping new locations.
    Plenty of room in UT. Leadership here would actually try to help them grow.

10. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Just what I was about to say Overkill! Utah would love to have them and you can be damn sure our Gov would offer some great incentives for them to come here!