Remington takes the money from NY/Pentagon deal

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by nfafan, Apr 9, 2013.

1. nfafan

nfafan Member

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

3. 1911love

1911love New Member

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

What does that mean, precisely? That they'll stay in the New York area or that they sold out the public in lieu of their main benefactor, the pentagon? :confused:

5. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Well that is a bummer. I like my 870, it has been a good hunting companion for years. Maybe they will change their minds? One can hope, I like their products, but I don't want to give money to a company who takes a dollar over the rights of the people.

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Wish I hadn't bought that 700 last month now... Oh well, it'll be the last Remington product I buy...

Anybody have a suggestion for an alternative to Rem-oil?

7. austin92

austin92 New Member

I use hopes elite found at Wally world. Hopes makes some good stuff. Trade in that 700 on a ruger American ;)

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

And Springfield Armory is still in Ill.
    S&W has not moved from Mass.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  9. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I am as much of a 2 A activist as the next guy but we got to use some judgement too:

-Should remington have refused a contract of sniper rifles to our military? These can be made anywhere, I am sure they were pursuing it for a while
    - Yes NY lobbied them to stay and I agree they should not have. But staying in an unfree state is not the same as moving there.

I would have preferred they use the assured income of the sniper rifle contract to move out of state.

10. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

And their XD line is made in Croatia? Doesn't that make them a sellout too?

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

andi thought i wanted to get a remmy R1.. well guess not.. they will not see my money

12. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Remington cannot make the decision to move anywhere. Remington is owned by Freedom Group. Freedom Group is owned by Cerberus Capital Management. Cerberus is divesting itself of Freedom Group.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/de...berus-freedom-bushmaster-connecticut-20121218

13. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Remington Arms Company, Inc. was founded in 1816 by Eliphalet Remington in Ilion and have been cranking out weapons for almost 200 years in the same location. Its about half an hour from my house and about the only thing that keeps Ilion alive. That said, it sold its soul to the US government many years ago the first time they threatened to leave NY because of Taxes, NRG prices and Regulations. NY coughed up a few million, then a few million more and they were in bed with each other ever since.

Chucky Screwmore saw the coming of new laws could hurt the chances of keeping them here (and him keeping his job) so he just threw them a few million more last month. If this was a non gov org, it would be considered bribery but cause Chucky did it, its AOK! Sad as it sounds for my region, I support a ban on buying anything Remington makes until it swears the same Oath those of us who have carried their weapons raised our hands to do, no compromise.

14. danf_fl

Thanks, not enough coffee.

15. danf_fl

Uh, maybe that is why I don't own one?

16. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Does this mean boycot Marlins also?

17. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Marlin hasn't been in Connecticut for years. If memory serves me right they are in North Carolina now. How ever..... Mosberg, stag, ptr, and a couple others are in Connecticut and yes they should all pack their bags!

18. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

How the hell did I forget colt??!!

19. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Yes but the original design of the pistol was made and used in Croatia by the Croatian Army. Springfield made tweaks to the design and imports them from Croatia. Nowhere near the same as Remington

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

XD line is made in Croatia. SO WHAT???

When did Croatia become our enemy???