1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
What does that mean, precisely? That they'll stay in the New York area or that they sold out the public in lieu of their main benefactor, the pentagon? :confused:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Well that is a bummer. I like my 870, it has been a good hunting companion for years. Maybe they will change their minds? One can hope, I like their products, but I don't want to give money to a company who takes a dollar over the rights of the people.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Wish I hadn't bought that 700 last month now... Oh well, it'll be the last Remington product I buy...

Anybody have a suggestion for an alternative to Rem-oil?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
sputnik1988 said:
Wish I hadn't bought that 700 last month now... Oh well, it'll be the last Remington product I buy...

Anybody have a suggestion for an alternative to Rem-oil?
I use hopes elite found at Wally world. Hopes makes some good stuff. Trade in that 700 on a ruger American ;)

·
Retired
13,651 Posts
And Springfield Armory is still in Ill.
S&W has not moved from Mass.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I am as much of a 2 A activist as the next guy but we got to use some judgement too:

-Should remington have refused a contract of sniper rifles to our military? These can be made anywhere, I am sure they were pursuing it for a while
- Yes NY lobbied them to stay and I agree they should not have. But staying in an unfree state is not the same as moving there.

I would have preferred they use the assured income of the sniper rifle contract to move out of state.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
danf_fl said:
And Springfield Armory is still in Ill.
S&W has not moved from Conn.
And their XD line is made in Croatia? Doesn't that make them a sellout too?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
andi thought i wanted to get a remmy R1.. well guess not.. they will not see my money

·
Premium Member
10,297 Posts
Remington cannot make the decision to move anywhere. Remington is owned by Freedom Group. Freedom Group is owned by Cerberus Capital Management. Cerberus is divesting itself of Freedom Group.

On Monday, the California State Teachers’ Retirement System said it would review its investment in Cerberus. California Treasurer Bill Lockyer may order CalSTRS as well as the California Public Employees’ Retirement System to strip their portfolios of all investments in gun manufacturers.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/de...berus-freedom-bushmaster-connecticut-20121218

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Remington Arms Company, Inc. was founded in 1816 by Eliphalet Remington in Ilion and have been cranking out weapons for almost 200 years in the same location. Its about half an hour from my house and about the only thing that keeps Ilion alive. That said, it sold its soul to the US government many years ago the first time they threatened to leave NY because of Taxes, NRG prices and Regulations. NY coughed up a few million, then a few million more and they were in bed with each other ever since.

Chucky Screwmore saw the coming of new laws could hurt the chances of keeping them here (and him keeping his job) so he just threw them a few million more last month. If this was a non gov org, it would be considered bribery but cause Chucky did it, its AOK! Sad as it sounds for my region, I support a ban on buying anything Remington makes until it swears the same Oath those of us who have carried their weapons raised our hands to do, no compromise.

·
Retired
13,651 Posts

·
Retired
13,651 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Does this mean boycot Marlins also?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
dteed4094 said:
Does this mean boycot Marlins also?
Marlin hasn't been in Connecticut for years. If memory serves me right they are in North Carolina now. How ever..... Mosberg, stag, ptr, and a couple others are in Connecticut and yes they should all pack their bags!

·
Registered
864 Posts
sdiver35 said:
And their XD line is made in Croatia? Doesn't that make them a sellout too?
Yes but the original design of the pistol was made and used in Croatia by the Croatian Army. Springfield made tweaks to the design and imports them from Croatia. Nowhere near the same as Remington

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
XD line is made in Croatia. SO WHAT???

When did Croatia become our enemy???

1 - 20 of 34 Posts