Remington Speedmaster 552

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Derrick_20, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Derrick_20

Derrick_20 New Member

I have a Remington speedmaster 552 and I haven found a site or place that could pull the serial number up so that I could find the date that it was made its in excellent condition and I received it from my grandpa and I'd like to know some more info on it

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. Derrick_20

Derrick_20 New Member

4. cmiller75

cmiller75 New Member

I have just recently picked up one of these as a first rifle for my son
    It looks im well used condition but doesnt look that bad
    After a little research i believe that it was made in oct 1957
    I paid 130 for it but not real sure if that was fair price or not
    If anyone can help me with this i would appreciate it

Tried to post pics but cant figure out how

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Up above where you are typing is a white smiley face. To the right of the Smiley is a paperclip. Click on the paperclip to attach photos stored in your computer.

I have a 552- neat little rifle. Value of any gun is based on condition, but what you paid is well under the value for an average specimen.

6. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

If you are trying to post pics from the app, when you are replying to the post, top left corner there is a + button, hit that, and select "attach from photos"

Otherwise, follow C3 instructions :)

7. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Unless you paid $130 for a rust bucket, you probably did very well. A friend has a speed master from the fifties new in the box. Was gonna let me have it for $300...till he found out the real value of it, now he's keeping it. :(

8. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

The one I have experience with is somewhat picky with ammo but extremely accurate when you've got good ammo.