Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local gun shop this weekend to get a price on a Remington 870 combo, and the guy behind the counter told me that I should just get the 870 express and buy the slug barrel separate. He said he does not sell the combo's because they are made in mexico, is this true?

I assumed that the 870 express that comes in the combo was the exact same gun that comes separate by itself, only difference is there is an extra barrel in the box.

Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Sounds like urban legend.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Don't know of any Remington shotguns being made in Mexico. My Express says it was made in NY.

Mossberg has some shotgun combos in their Maverick line that I think use parts made in Mexico and assembled in Eagle Pass, Texas.

Sure you weren't looking at a Mossberg combo?

·
Premium Member
22,652 Posts
Even if they were made in Mexico, they're top quality, so who cares?

Weatherbys and Brownings are made in Japan.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
I reread the post.

Yeah, it sounds like the guy at the gunshop is confused. I can't find anyhing about any Remington 870s or parts made in Mexico. Maverick's, yes. Mossberg 500, no. Remington 870, no.

So, the gun shop owner doesn't carry something that he could sell, be cause he is wrong about it being made in Mexico? And, like locutus said, who cares? As long as the gun is still a quality piece.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Let's not support jobs in Mexico so the Mexican citizens have every reason to come North. Great philosophy. As if there are not enough reasons for them to come North already. What better way to fight illegal immigration than to bolster the Mexican economy. If there are jobs back home, some will go back.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
most over under and side by side shotguns are made in turkey even the ones with the benelli stamping. springfield xd and xdm are croatian and all their 1911's are brazillian, still damn good guns. doesnt matter where something is made so long as it works and does what you expect.

im more concerned with end quality than who is pressing the CnC go button

1 - 7 of 7 Posts