Remington R1

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by gawg, Jul 9, 2013.

1. gawg

gawg New Member

Just purchased a Pearl Harbor edition 1 of 300 made. How can I tell what number of 300 my gun is? Does anyone have a clue?

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Look at the serial number that is the most likely way or on the registration card failing that.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

welcome to the forum! stop over in the Introductions section and say hello.

my thinking is that it will have something to do with the serial number if not marked elsewhere on it. contact Remington and they should be able to tell you which one you have.

please post pictures. i have an R1 Enhanced and would like to see pictures of yours.

4. gawg

gawg New Member

Thanks for the info. I am new to the forum so I don't know all the ropes yet so don't dog cuss me if I do wrong! Thx again!

5. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Were gonna cuss you whether you're wrong or right! Totally kidding :) welcome to the forum. Got any pics to show us? We would love to see it.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

7. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Post some pics when you can.

8. gawg

gawg New Member

This is some pics of my gun. Seems to be a decent gun!

image-3962109391.jpg

Attached Files:

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

Very nice lookin piece.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the Remington R1 is a very good pistol. mine shoots just about everything i have put through it, including my reloads.

that Pearl Harbor edition looks great! i had to Google it last night because i hadn't heard of that one. good looking pistol!

11. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

They all say 1 of 300? That's very strange.
    My Colt is 249 of 250 in it's series. I would have thought they were all done that way, it certainly makes more sense to me.

Did it come with the original paperwork? Is there any information as to who did the upgrade work? There ought to be some card or something to describe it's background. My Colt was done by an outfit called America Remembers. If you can figure out who did it, you can call them. If Remington had it done "in house" then you might be best served calling them for details. In fact you might be best served calling them first, they should be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

12. gawg

gawg New Member

Remington Pearl Harbor Edition

Hey guys thanks for all the advice. I called Remington about my 1911 and man did I get a shock! I ask for help on what number of 300 was my gun, the gentle told me "he had no idea how to tell because a company bought 300 of those guns and done modifications to them and they had nothing to do with it! Also another "shocker" Remington did not honor the warranty! He said "Remington didn't even have a gun in WWII so why would they make a special edition" Well that done it for me! I now am the owner of a new Smith and Wesson 1911AT "E" edition thanks to my gun shop who refunded 100% of the price of the R1.

13. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Wow that's really weird about the Remington - but regardless of that, you will love the E-series S&W. Those are fine guns!