Remington R1

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by xdm11chad, Apr 9, 2012.

1. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

I recently got the Remington R1 OD slide. Limited edition
    Well to start can I add a Skeletonized(spelling)
    Trigger and hammer like on the loaded model Springfield has?

2. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Frame not slide sorry

3. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Like this? You can put just about any trigger you want some are drop-ins others take a little fitting

[​IMG]

I just put this STI Match Trigger in my Colt it needed a little fitting very little

[​IMG]

4. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

So is the R1 a good pistol is it comparable to a Springfield

5. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

They are nice guns. SA at least the NM guns may hold a slight edge but that is debatable. You got a nice gun and don't worry about comparisons. Shoot the SH$T out of it and enjoy!!!!!

6. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Well it just came in the mail today and I rushed to my ffls house to get a brand new gun that was the most filthy new gun iv ever seen!!! And guess what!? NO G10 grips to be found very disappointing! I'm a first impression kinda guy and so far not good at all

7. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

This is what I got

Attached Files:

8. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

This is what I should've got

Attached Files:

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Looks like it has smudges all over it, like alot of people have handled it and it never got wiped down. I would be a little disappointed too, Hopefully it shoots good, the other things are an easy fix.

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Well, look at this way, a call to Remington should result in a set of G10's coming to your door so you get a FREE pair of Coccobolo grips!:)

Gotta look on the bright side dude!

Nice Gun

Tack

11. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

The smudges are cause from it being oiled so much. And yes I'm calling them in the morning and for sure free grips!!! Thanks guys seems like when they test fire it they used the dirtiest ammo and didn't clean it and looked to be fired multiple times

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

It seems like right now all of the major firearms companies are being overwhelmed, todays orders need to be shipped out yesterday. They may have been rushing to get orders out the door and just forgot to do some wipe downs after test firing.

Let us know how she shoots.

13. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Will do also it's a big pain to take the barrel bushing off is this because it's new iv have several 1911s and none was this hard to disassemble

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Some 1911s are tighter than others, it should be a little easier as you break her in.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

My bushing was hard as hell to take off. 300 rounds and multiple diss/*** and its fine now. No biggie, you already have a couple, you know what to do.

Edit: mine's a SA milspec

16. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Yeah on all my springers it's like sliding glass this thing is just tough real tight

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah, my bushing was real smooth to take off, it was mostly that the plunger/recoil spring was just so damn strong. And the action in general is like silky sex...just beautiful...