Remington R 25 any opinions?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by mutt, Oct 18, 2011.

1. mutt

mutt New Member

I was looking at the R 25 for a tactical long gun, but dont have any first hand experience with it so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Fairly expensive but looks cool. I haven't shot one so can't give first hand experience other than holding one in the LGS. :eek:

I imagine the quality is on the level of Bushmaster and DPMS since they're all under the same ownership.

3. mutt

mutt New Member

Thank you for the input, I agree its a little on the pricey side, I do like that you can get it in .308 I'm always open to suggestions if anyone knows of any more economical tactical long guns.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Its a bushmaster with a remington stamp from what i understand remington isnt making them. I could be dead wrong but i think they just jack the price of the bushmaster/dpms up a bit with the remington label

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, basically a DPMS 308. Nice looking rifle though.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's a decent package. One came through the shop awhile back. Factory Black Hills Ammo turned in MOA groups out to 300 yards.

For a factory stick it does what it was designed to do. No doubt you are paying a bit more for teh Remington name, but if you don't have the time/will/desire to build one yourself you could do worse.

JD

7. jman69

jman69 New Member

I bought an r-25 in .308 in 2010. Experimented with several different rounds, magazines, and scopes/mounts. The DPMS magazines fed the best, but still had multiple misfeeds with all cartridges. To top it off, it wouldn't shoot a decent group at all. I sent it back to Remington Arms two months ago and haven't heard anything except "the issue is unresolved". My buddy got a regular old economy model dpms in .308 and is loving it. R-25...very fussy!!!

8. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I looked at them when I was shopping for a 7.62 AR. They seemed like good rifles, and I've had good luck with Remington in the past. That said, I ended up buying an ArmaLite because that was the name that kept popping up when I was talking to AR guys about .308/7.62 rifles.

Never had a malfunction of any kind.

Just something to think about...

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah the ArmaLite is more expensive, including magazines, but I like them and they do say AR-10! :D

10. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Ahhh...the magazines. Yes. They aren't expensive, they are stooopid expensive.

I had forgotten about them. :)

11. jman69

jman69 New Member

r-25

When I finally got my R-25 back from the factory it was "right". It now shoots very accurately with no misfeeds. They didn't say what they did to it, but it was free warranty work and it is now pretty much flawless. It will now shoot sub moa with junk ammo @ 100 yds.