Remington or Savage...

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Junior966, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

Looking for a left handed bolt action in .270 win. Torn between a Savage or Remington.

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Both are good rifles,Just pick the one that fits you best.
    I personally like Savage,but I have a couple Remy's too.
    If you get a Savage with a synthetic stock,get one with the Accustock,the plain factory synthetic is junk and would need to be replaced anyway.

3. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

Out of the box shooting for the first time with my Savage .243 with Accutrigger at 100 yards

Enough said.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  4. Ima-Savage

Ima-Savage New Member

I have an older right-hand Savage 110 in .270 cal. and am very pleased with it. The tupperware stock is not that stiff, but, i have free-floated the bbl. away from the stock and it works great! The ability to change bbls. is a HUGE plus over Remington. IMO-of course not everyone likes to tinker with them.
    I only have one Remington model 12 pump .22. so I cannot speak for them but I see posts saying to avoid certain Rem. models.
    They are ALL fun to start with! I just personally like the idea of being ABLE to switch calibers to almost any cartridge that is available. So I chose Savage. (it doesn't hurt their reputation that the Olympic shooters are using them either! ;)- )

5. TLuker

TLuker New Member

I think in general terms the Remington is slightly better in fit, finish, and overall quality (model 700). I think the Savage is slightly better in out of the box accuracy. But the differences are very small and either would be a good rifle. There are also exceptions in both cases. :)

6. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

I own both Remingtons and a older Savage 110,either brand you choose should make a good rifle.

7. godale

godale New Member

pick what you like best. either one is a great rifle. i like the savage cause of the versaltilty but thats just me

8. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I own a rem 700 in 30-06 and am very happy with it. I'm thinking about getting a 270 also have you looked at the ruger m77?