Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
23,931 Posts
JD is a HUGE Remington fan, might want to ask him;)
That's not true hillbilly.... LOL :p

Truthfully, both are good enough platforms for minute of deer. If you are only after a good hunting rifle that will see 20 or 30 rounds a year between practice and the actual hunt, I don't think you can go wrong with either product.

The Remington is going to give you a huge aftermarket of parts if that is your thing.

The Browning, I feel, is a better looking rifle - but that doesn't mean it's going to shoot any better. :rolleyes:

Now if your intent is to buy it for the action and build a custom rifle on that action... my choice would be NEITHER. :D

JD

· Banned
23,931 Posts
Why does everyone pick on Remingtons Extractor?
I pick on it only when there is a chance you will read my posts. :D

The old Remington spring steel extractor will work, but it's light years behind the times, especially when Remington themselves have dumped the idea altogether with their new platform.

Given the available options out there, it's not that it will go bad at an inopertune moment, it's the fact that it can go bad.

As for the question of how many times I have seen it fail? I have seen the aftermath on more than a few rifles over about 3 years where people are home loading high pressure cartridges. The last 2, for sure, were the result of the SSM cartridges going a bit overboard....

Then again, I work part time in a shop where stuff gets brought when it doesn't work right, or work at all, so the Laws of Probability are much higher for me than average.

JD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.