Remington Model 141?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by cottontop, Feb 25, 2012.

1. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Anyone know anything or have any experience w/ this rifle? I know some of you old timers will recognize it. I remember a guy having one back in the early 1960's up in northern Michigan (where I am originally from). He had no trouble hitting and killing deer w/ it. I am looking for a .35 Remington in something a little different than the run of the mill M336 lever action. I would really like a bolt action, but finding one is very difficult, and when you do find one, they are pretty pricey. Remington made the Model 7 in .35 Rem for a short time, but no longer do. The Model 141 is a slide action (a pump, to use the more vulgar venacular) that was made in .30, .32 and .35 Remington. The .30 Remington is a rimless version of the .30-30. The rimless .25 Rem. may have been made in it as well, but I don't believe very many. There are some nice ones available in the $300 to $500 range so it is very tempting.
    cottontop

2. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

I've had a couple of model 14's. they are basically the same rifle. They are fine guns. Do not be afraid to buy one one use for hunting.