remington Model 11 us issue roit shot gun 12 gauge

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by gcxcountrystar1, Mar 5, 2011.

1. gcxcountrystar1

gcxcountrystar1 New Member

i have a remington Model 11 us issue roit shot gun 12 gauge. Does anyone know the value of this gun its in mint condition except for the two people that carved their initials in the butt stock? sn is 470759

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I know that certainly the initials in the stock will not help. But I would think you should be able to get from $450-$475 for it maybe $500 to $550 if it did not have the initials carved in it I guess I would like to know how obnoxious the carving is.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Pictures will help greatly.

4. gcxcountrystar1

i will take pictures when i get home should be sometime tomorrow

5. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

Are you sure the intials arent actually inspectors cartouches? Secondly what is the barrel length and what is the choke marking on the barrel?

6. gcxcountrystar1

i believe one is the inspectors cartouches and one is a knife carved in inital, ill post some pics tonight

7. gcxcountrystar1

pictures of remington model 11

please tell me what u think

Attached Files:

8. gcxcountrystar1

more pictures

here ya go more pictures

Attached Files:

9. TNEFF

TNEFF New Member

I have The Sportsman, which is either a later version or a spin off of the model 11. Yours should be worth double to what mine is, in accordance with what Sniper03 stated. Nice guns, mine is a shooter. Not real pretty, but gets the job done. There are still some parts available out there, not sure if changing the furniture would be worth the difference in cost.

10. gcxcountrystar1

i usually dont buy weapons unless the barrel and everything matchs i want original, i dont want something that has been repaired or replace i believe guns are worth more when they are old and all original

11. gcxcountrystar1

On the left side of the barrel it say RL with like a heart on it I know RL is suppose to be the month and year but cant figure it out, can anyone help me??

12. TNEFF

TNEFF New Member

November 1942, or 1964 according to oldguns.net

13. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

You have a commercial firearm built for civilian use that was purchased by the goverment under a blanket pacurement, then stamped with US property marks. Early war production. We were so short of guns when the war started the military actually went to hardware stores to buy needed guns the stories go. The fact it has an engraved reciever, high gloss bluing, and checkered stock bear this out. The FJA intials are the inspecters marks and the crossed cannons are military as well. Nice factory riot barrel, many were full choked long barrels that were cut down.