Remington Files for Bankruptcy, Again

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by Mercator, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

A major AR manufacturer. How bad is it there when even record sales don’t help.
    Was it the Sandy Hook lawsuit?

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

They haven't ever been a "major" AR manufacturer. Remington only produced the R15 and R25 versions of AR's,and they were both built for hunting style rifles.

Cerberus Capital Management (Freedom Group) owns Remington,and a bunch of other firearms companies,also shut down Bushmaster and DPMS,along with Para Ordnance firearms shortly after buying them.

BullMoose429 and towboater like this.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Their ammo business has been up for sale and now there is a bid by the people that own Palmeto State Armory and other businesses.

BullMoose429 and Rifling82 like this.
  4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Mismanagement.

BullMoose429 likes this.
  5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Bigcat likes this.
  6. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

Hopefully this time they actually go out of business. If freedom group is gone- I say good riddance. They’ve destroyed more iconic brands than a fire in shopping mall. In my opinion- nothing wrong with a poorly managed dumpster fire of a company known for piss poor quality going out of business. That’s capitalism.

Rifling82 likes this.
  7. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

I do feel horrible for all the folks that lost their jobs though. The towns where I grew up were the types of towns where the factories were they only economic opportunity- and once the factories left- so did all the people’s livelihoods. Sadly- I’m quite familiar with what Illion NY is gonna look like- it’s gonna look like Gardner MA and Lewiston ME- these places are not exactly known for their standard of living.

primer1, Bigcat and Rifling82 like this.
  8. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t be so excited if you learned that NBC is celebrating victory (over the purveyor of death)
    Whatever one could say about Remington QA , it’s the wrong way to go down.

Bigcat likes this.
  9. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

This group seems to be targeting the firearms industry. Buy it up, take out all the equity, and even take loans out to fill their pockets, leave the companies hanging then sell off the scraps or pieces. Just like Wall street, Hedge Funds especially have been doing since the 70s.
    Bloomberg had proposed just such a scheme, some time ago. He and others own part of several Firearms companies, or did, and make/made big bucks off the companies they attacked. Why our Government has not gone after all these Corporations and Companies for decades is infuriating and any questions about Predatory Monopolization and Anti-Trust Laws are met with silence.

BullMoose429 likes this.
  10. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

near as I can tell, that IS the plan! wonder if soros is in on it?

11. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Well-Known Member

WOO HOO , its actually great news !! Marlin is being bought by ruger , Bushmaster is being bought by franklin armory !! Thank god remington sucks so bad . I cant wait to own a Ruger made Marlin .

quality control is coming back !!

12. Gh0zt36

5:33 timestamp begins the remington breakdow =n of who is buying what !

13. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

don't be to sure about that. I bought a new ruger gp100 in 44 spec and had to send it back to the factory two times.
    there note with the return was "shimmed the crane".
    SO, that tells me they machined the mating part (frame) crooked!!
    It failed immediately in 5 cowboy rounds.
    I took my loss and traded it off on a S&W 686

Mercator and Rifling82 like this.
  14. Gh0zt36

I mean doesnt mean much to me . Not one single account of that failure. My buddy bought a Mossberg 500 and it had catastrophic failure out the box dumping all the shells into the chamber from the mag tube jamming up the action . That doesnt mean theres anything wrong with mossberg either.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    BullMoose429 likes this.