Remington and New York

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by badasstruck, Jan 20, 2013.

1. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

Does anyone know what position Remington Arms has taken on New York's new gun laws? I for one will not purchase anything Remington untill I hear what stance they are taking with their governor and state!!

2. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Some of their employees protested it.
    Remington is in a difficult position.
    One cannot rule out that they might move to another state.

Lets not demonize them for the bad luck of living in a state run by evil men.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Perchance do you mean THIS Remington?

Remington Arms Company, LLC
    870 Remington Drive
    P.O. Box 700
    Madison, NC 27025-0700

Yes, firearms plant in Ilion NY. And other places as well. They have a large capital investment in the plant- but looks like they are spreading things out a bit.

And while it will not happen, would love to see all gun and ammo makers decline any sales to any govt agency in NY.

4. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

But they are also "big" enough to be able to take a stance against Cuomo! ...Even a statement condemning the whole thing would be a step in the right direction!

5. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

I realize this....their factory in NewYork is HUGE though!

6. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Hey, Colt has recently opened a small facility in Orlando, but I have no idea of what the intended use is. Could be for planning bigger and better things for the state.

7. fmj

fmj Active Member

I dont understand WHY gun companies continue to do business with/in anti-constitution states.

Remington Ilion NY....NY has a LONG history of being anti gun, whereas the Hoosier state is a LIBERTY loving state. We would be HAPPY to welcome them the VERY pro freedom IN.

Spingfield Armory in IL....It wouldnt be a very far move for SA to come to the gun friendly IN.

8. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Their factory in NY dates back to the early 1800's. it is the birthplace of the oldest American firearms maker. why the hell should they close down because of a recent crop of jackass politicians? Makes no sense for them to go anywhere

9. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Remington attended the pro gun rally in Albany yesterday. They oppose the NY Safe Act. Remington also employs many New Yorkers upstate in small counties, it would be very sad to see all of these peaceful, gun loving Americans to lose their jobs in an economy like this.

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Remington needs to leave New York...

Every dollar I spend with Remington, is taxes going to an anti-gun state. I will do my part to legally protest anti-gun states. Politicians WILL NOT listen, any other way.

I'd personally like to see New York lose millions in revenue over this. So please, don't buy Remington, leave New York, and boycott New York goods...

11. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

Who said they have to close the doors?..they are a huge multi-million dollar corporation. There are many ways they could take a stance against NY without closing doors. In NO WAY do u wish to see honest people losing their jobs!

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

How about close it down, move the people and machinery back to America, and donate the land and building to the N.Y. republican party?:D:D

13. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

I don't believe boycotting Remington and unlikely, but possibly, making them move or close the facility would help matters. Too many people owe their livelihoods to Remington. It might be more advantageous to have all those people and the company working from within at election time to combine with others to change the bumblecrats and laws.

Remington is a historical company that has withstood many changes of government and still soldiers on employing hundreds of people. Let's not cut off our noses to spite our faces.

By the way, I don't own any Remington guns, nor is this a paid endorsement. I do use UMC AMMO tho', :)

14. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

there have been a number of people in this thread suggesting they get out of NY.

Look, if I ran a firearms company, I'd probably not be at the point of the spear in terms of fighting Govt; State, local, Feds ...and the reason is, unlike the media and a lot of people on internet forums, they [Remington] are thinking about relationships that go back over 100 years. They supply firearms to the US Armed Forces. These jackass NY politicians are going to be gone in a few years. I bet Remington will be there for a few hundred more. Boycotting Remington does absolutely nothing to enhance anyone's firearms rights. Just like everyone else on this forum, Remington and other companies in NY have to pay taxes they don't agree with and live with laws and policies they don't agree with. I have a President who I completely loathe. I still pay my taxes.

15. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I disagree. If Remington leaves, other companies might be more inclined to do the same... If Remington leaves, other states might think twice before starting boneheaded legislation.

South Carolina would REEEEAAAALLLLYYYYY like Remington jobs....

Hey, we got a bunch of car manufacturers, and Boeing....

16. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

In my opinion anyone that produces arms to be sold to civilians is our friend, They are already about to be victimized by the state of NY. For gun owners to boycott them would be unforgivable. Perhaps they are thinking of moving to somewhere else. I am sure a bunch of people boycotting them is not going to help. How bad would it be if the gun people bankrupted the gun manufacturers? We don't need any anti-gun people to take away our rights. Sounds like we can do it ourselves!!!!

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Yes, and part of me agrees with this side of the issue as well....

18. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Perhaps some gun friendly states could offer them a tax credit to move.

19. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

LOL! I think, based on National tax averages, just leaving New York would be a "tax credit".

I would seriously, (If I were Remington), pack up the New York plant and move to a place like South Carolina. The cost of moving would be offset instantly by the cost of taxation, and the cost of living...it'd be an instant pay raise to the employees.

20. fmj

fmj Active Member

NOT NC!! INDIANA!!!

I wont nor will i EVER boycott Remington...hell half my safe is Remingtons dating back to the beginning of the last century!